Quick charge questions

Hello I’m getting ready to replace my zivan charger in my project gem that I recently bought.

This entire formum and have read a lot about chargers. I have a few questions about the quick charger and maybe you guys can clarify them up on here for others as well.

I really like the idea of buying a quick charger and saving a few hundred dollars to put towards other things to fix up my car.

How hard is it to install rather than buying the one from ride for fun?

I bought new 150 amp batteries and I am unclear if I should use the 7210 or the 7220?

My car is a 2002 and is there a way to hook up the factory battery indicator light?

Also after it is done being charged and or while it’s being charge will the bro display battery percentage?

If I buy it what is the difference between F1 F2 F3 and F4? And does the ride for fun charger have the same settings or is it different? What setting do I use?

Is there anything else I need to know before I buy this one off-line for cheap?

Thanks
Dan

IMHO Zivan is the best charger you can buy. If you have 150 amp batteries I believe setting 4 is the proper setting. This is the HIGH charge rate for Trojan 150 amp batteries. After having bad experience with other chargers I will pay the difference. If your Zivan is dead send it in and get it repaired and up graded.

A cable and indicator light for a Zivan that you can mount anywhere is $28 from Zivan. I put one on mine in March. It plugs into the top of the Zivan.

Rodney

To answer some of your questions:

Q: How hard is it (Quick Charge) to install rather than buying the one from Ride For Fun?

A: The only difference is the labeling. There is no difference in the installation procedure.

Q: I bought new 150 amp batteries and I am unclear if I should use the 7210 or the 7220?

A: Both Quick Charge and RFF will help you choose the correct charger for your batteries. I recommend the 20 amp version

Q: My car is a 2002 and is there a way to hook up the factory battery indicator light?

A: The factory indicator LED is identical and can be wired in place of the LED in the charger. You will have to solder the connections and run the wires. That may affect the warranty.

Q: Also after it is done being charged and or while it’s being charge will the bro display battery percentage?

A: The LED readout will display battery percentage while being charged.

Q: If I buy it what is the difference between F1 F2 F3 and F4? And does the Ride For Fun charger have the same settings or is it different? What setting do I use?

A: Ask Quick Charge or RFF and they will tell you how to set the charger for your type and size of batteries.

Q: Is there anything else I need to know before I buy this one off-line for cheap?

A: Why replace the Zivan? We use both the Zivan and Quick Charge (RFF) chargers in numerous GEM and other brand equipment. Both are good quality. All three of our 2002 GEMs still have their original Zivan NG1 chargers after 12 years of daily use. We use the Quick Charge on the 2005 and newer GEMs as a replacement for the original low quality Chinese made chargers. All are still in service.

Daniel