Publish a picture of your converted car and let us see what it looks like

There is no doubt that electric car conversions are very popular with many forum members. We would therefore appreciate any members who have converted their cars to electric to post a picture of the vehicles and let us know exactly what they have done.

We might even be able to run some competitions in the future for the best looking converted car. Who is going to start us off?

70 VW converted to Li-ion, 6050pcs of 18650 cells later sold to Tesla. Current car still everyday driver with over 50k EV miles on it. Everything in car was replaced with new parts. Featuring a AC-45 with Curtis 1238 controller currently powered with 22kw pack.

Wow Evnut,

That all sounds very impressive. Have you plans for any more EV projects?

Regards,

Mark

[quote=Editor;15681]Wow Evnut,

That all sounds very impressive. Have you plans for any more EV projects?

Regards,

Mark[/quote]

I have completed about 20 conversions for clients, mostly VW’s, Porsche’s and my favorite a Boxster. I currently sell a AC-45 motor and Curtis controller new for $2000 which is the cheapest on the market. The VW I currently drive has gone from DC Netgain motors Impulse 9, AC50 to the current AC-45 which beats them all. The main thing in conversions is quality in the donor car and conversion products. I don’t have any current plans to replace the VW since it really runs well and is well accepted by everyone who sees it.

Hi Evnut

We would be very interested to see pictures of some of your projects as it makes things more real for members when they can actually see the vehicles. Many people seem to dismiss the conversion market but from the feedback we get on the forum, it is large and growing all of the time.

Regards,

Mark

[B][/B]Here are some pictures of my MG Midget. I get over 100 miles of range, and I’ve been driving it for 2 years now. I’ve kept the car as close to the gas version as possible. This maintains the clutch and transmission so I can run through the gears like a sports car should. The motor produces the same torque at 500 amps as the original gas engine’s peak torque, so it is quicker because the torque is available throughout the entire RPM range. The weight is just 150 lbs heavier than stock, so the suspension is original as well. The weight distribution is almost 50-50, with it being 2% heavy to the rear. I have a web site that shows more details on the different components so people can see what I did. I’m happy to answers questions as well so feel free to contact me if you’d like. web site www.electricmgmidgt.com