Parting out GEM - 2002 e825 Longback (longbed truck model)

I’ll send you a pm once I figure that out.

Thanks for the email Jeff @04E4825 . No worries and very glad to hear that you discovered the steering issues were just some loose bolts before someone got hurt or there was damage.

Hey there, just thought I’d check in to see if you ever sold off this T2. If not, is it still available? Thanks! Tim

Hi Tim,

The T2 is currently committed to a sale. In the unlikely event that falls through, I will be sure to let you know.

Thanks for inquiring.

Not sure why I can’t edit my own OP with updates anymore, so here’s an updated list

Parting out my 2002 GEM e825 Longback:

I’ll price parts when (if) they have interest. Everything will go at a very fair price. Some parts free for cost of shipping. Fair warning, there are a few parts, if not already spoken for or having expressed interest, I might change my mind on and keep.

If you don’t see something listed, ask, I likely either forgot about it or figured no one would want it.

Can’t remember offhand what mileage it had when I bought it, 7500-ish?
Has about 10,200 now. Some parts are much newer: motor, disc brakes, steering rack, some electrical etc…

This vehicle has been a California, dry non-costal area, vehicle since day one. So there is very little rust / oxidation on metal parts.

Located in NorCal - near Sacramento.

– Goods

̶R̶4̶F̶ ̶(̶D̶&̶D̶)̶ ̶B̶l̶u̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶t̶o̶r̶ SOLD
̶1̶0̶.̶3̶5̶ ̶d̶i̶f̶f̶.̶ ̶-̶ ̶H̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶h̶o̶u̶s̶e̶b̶o̶a̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶l̶a̶c̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶p̶u̶t̶ ̶s̶h̶a̶f̶t̶,̶ ̶I̶I̶R̶C̶ ̶I̶ ̶r̶e̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶p̶u̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶a̶l̶s̶.̶ SOLD
̶N̶E̶V̶A̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶c̶ ̶b̶r̶a̶k̶e̶s̶ ̶w̶/̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶e̶l̶ ̶s̶p̶a̶c̶e̶r̶s̶,̶ ̶N̶O̶ ̶H̶U̶B̶S̶ ̶ SOLD
̶R̶4̶F̶ ̶S̶u̶p̶e̶r̶c̶h̶a̶r̶g̶e̶r̶ ̶(̶S̶C̶O̶ ̶Q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶c̶h̶a̶r̶g̶e̶ ̶7̶2̶1̶0̶)̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶g̶e̶r̶ SOLD
Steering rack is tight, replaced all the tie rod end bearings & boots

• ̶A̶l̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶u̶n̶u̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶N̶E̶V̶A̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶n̶t̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶c̶k̶s̶,̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶m̶o̶n̶t̶h̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶a̶k̶e̶n̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶u̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶l̶f̶.̶ SOLD
    Newly replaced oem medico key power switch w/ 2-3 keys - (by design, this key can be removed from the tumbler in either position)
  • ̶T̶2̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶r̶o̶l̶l̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶/̶ ̶t̶u̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶ ̶&̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶l̶i̶m̶i̶t̶ ̶r̶a̶i̶s̶e̶d̶.̶ ̶.– SOLD
  • ̶i̶n̶w̶o̶ ̶c̶u̶s̶t̶o̶m̶ ̶7̶t̶h̶ ̶b̶a̶t̶t̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶4̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶f̶e̶p̶o̶ ̶g̶r̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶c̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶p̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶w̶/̶ ̶b̶a̶l̶a̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶b̶o̶a̶r̶d̶s̶ ̶&̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶g̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶g̶e̶r̶.̶ - PRESENTLY WITHDRAWN FROM SALES
    Battery cables to tie in the lifepo 7th pack from the bed toolbox to the contactor under the dash. Might fit an e2 with the battery in the trunk box. Won’t make it to the back of an e4, but would definitely reach from the contactors to under the front seats.- SALE (MAYBE)PENDING IF THEY FIT
    New-ish wiper motor and adjustable arm - works with oversized blade for better visibility,
    INWO Magic Magnet

–Uninstalled spare parts

NEV rear suspension subframe c-channel stiffener / repair kit
Suspension bushings (from arms to frame) 7 pieces IIRC
seat belts, shoulder harness, green
big ass bag of motor shaft bumpers
extra bearings and TC oil seals (a few different sizes)
add on ammeter and voltmeter kits

– Ok’s

Six (6) 32-DCMJ deep cycle FLAs - about 2 years on the sticker, only ran for 6 months. Water and charge maintained over last 1.5 years sitting. Can load test.
windshield in good condition
Right mirror ok (left was sold)
Recall replacement DC-DC in working order
Rest of electronics in that area good (contactor, timers, relays, etc)
Steering pod column electronics & switches
turn signal lever switch
master disconnect switch
wiring harness in good shape, will try to remove in stock sections
horn (no wolo)
all battery brackets OEM
accelerator pedal responds w/o errors
master cylinder
some extra other brake parts maybe
dash et. al.
Aluminum long bed for 00-04 long frames, typical dents for age. Some non-structural welds cracked from the bed rails swaying.
some stock lighting fixtures - front turn signals, seat back 3rd brake lights, maybe tail lights - POSSIBLE SALE PENDING ON SOME OF THEM ,
Floor mat
Grab handles
Random other parts, ask if you don’t see it listed.
Aluminum tool box 6.4 cf (19 x 37 x 17)
rear drum brakes
front drum brakes - removed from vehicle and replaced a few years ago Should be complete, but I can’t promise it. Also, I think there might be a broken spot weld or two on these - haven’t looked at them in ages
Front suspension arms
Rear swing arm suspension (dual shock per side - not known to be subject to cracking issues)
FYI: The rubber suspension bushings on both of the above are deteriorated as can be expected for 20 year old parts. I have brand new bushings from NEVA that were never installed. Can include with suspension arms.

– WGAFs…

original 12" steel rims
have extra set of 12" pizza cutters w/ non-DOT knobby tires
– Bad to RIP

upholstery is crap. Frames are decent to good condition - suitable for taking in to be re-upholstered
most fiberglass in rough shape
aluminum frame might be bent from years of weight in bed
front subframe if you are realy desperate… someone cut the stock suspension arm mounts off and added monkey adjusters in some sort of failed attempt to add a camber adjustment. Unfortunately they didn’t get the right and left in exactly the same place on each side, so the front tires wear oddly and it can’t really be aligned properly
original gray seat belts, one is tearing

Ok thanks. Definitely let me know if it falls through. Just killed my T1 and looking to upgrade.

Hey Tim, the T2 is available. A friend was going to buy it to help someone else out, then that person went and did their own thing instead.

I sent you a pm with pricing

Do you still have the rear drums? I did my motor today and front disc conversion and one of my rears are locking up. Let me know

Hey Brian,

Thanks for the call earlier. If I don’t get rained out this weekend, I’ll take a look at them - I haven’t seen the inside of them in 4 years.

I want the magic magnet and accelerator control.

You got it Rodney. I’ll box them tomorrow and shoot you a pm with the total.

You still at the same address in Taveres?

@JarJarJava - Don’t think that is old_houseboater…

Whoops… Lol.
Thanks Mike, I probably would have boxed and shipped it before OH would have responded to an email asking me WTF I was talking about. Lmfao

@rodney, shoot me a pm with your address. And just to be clear, you mean the TIG welding pedal used as the throttle, right?

Rodney Hiebert
5093 Ga. Hwy. 171 N
Louisville, Ga 30434

Accelerator pedal complete unit and magic magnet.

Hey @Rodney?
What year is your car?

"02 E825 with single bench seat
1midstate@gmail.com
478-494-8188

@Rodney

I sent you a PM yesterday

Just saw your post with email and phone, I’ll hit you up tomorrow if i dont hear via the pm.

Interested in the steering pod and column cover… Let me know

how much for right mirror and windshield? I am in SoCal

Not sure if i still have the mirror. Got the windshield but whats the best way to get it to you? I’m up by Sacramento