Parting out GEM - 2002 e825 Longback (longbed truck model)

Parting out my 2002 GEM e825 Longback (“eL”)
Ran up until about 1.5 years ago, when I broke a half-shaft. Parked it, never got around to fixing it.
Now I want my driveway back.

I’ll price parts when (if) they have interest. Everything will go at a very fair price. Some parts free for cost of shipping. Fair warning, there are a few parts, if not already spoken for or having expressed interest, I might change my mind on and keep.

If you don’t see something listed, ask, I likely either forgot about it or figured no one would want it.

Can’t remember offhand what mileage it had when I bought it, 7500-ish?
Has about 10,200 now. Some parts are much newer: motor, disc brakes, steering rack, some electrical etc…

This vehicle has been a California, dry non-costal area, vehicle since day one. So there is very little rust / oxidation on metal parts.

Located in NorCal - near Sacramento.

– Goods

• ̶R̶4̶F̶ ̶(̶D̶&̶D̶)̶ ̶B̶l̶u̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶t̶o̶r̶ SOLD
  • ̶1̶0̶.̶3̶5̶ ̶d̶i̶f̶f̶.̶ ̶-̶ ̶H̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶h̶o̶u̶s̶e̶b̶o̶a̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶l̶a̶c̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶p̶u̶t̶ ̶s̶h̶a̶f̶t̶,̶ ̶I̶I̶R̶C̶ ̶I̶ ̶r̶e̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶p̶u̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶a̶l̶s̶.̶ SOLD
  • ̶N̶E̶V̶A̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶c̶ ̶b̶r̶a̶k̶e̶s̶ ̶w̶/̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶e̶l̶ ̶s̶p̶a̶c̶e̶r̶s̶,̶ ̶N̶O̶ ̶H̶U̶B̶S̶ ̶ SOLD
  • ̶R̶4̶F̶ ̶S̶u̶p̶e̶r̶c̶h̶a̶r̶g̶e̶r̶ ̶(̶S̶C̶O̶ ̶Q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶c̶h̶a̶r̶g̶e̶ ̶7̶2̶1̶0̶)̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶g̶e̶r̶ SOLD
  • Steering rack is tight, replaced all the tie rod end bearings & boots
  • -Almost unused NEVA front shocks, used for about a month, then taken back off and put on shelf. - SALE PENDING
  • Newly replaced oem medico key power switch w/ 2-3 keys - (by design, this key can be removed from the tumbler in either position)
  • -T2 controller w/ tuned program & speed limit raised. – SALE PENDING
  • -inwo custom 7th battery 4s lifepo green cell pack w/ balance boards & chargery charger. - SALE PENDING
    • Battery cables to tie in the lifepo 7th pack from the bed toolbox to the contactor under the dash. Might fit an e2 with the battery in the trunk box. Won’t make it to the back of an e4, but would definitely reach from the contactors to under the front seats.- SALE PENDING IF THEY FIT
  • New-ish wiper motor and adjustable arm - works with oversized blade for better visibility,
  • INWO Magic Magnet

–Uninstalled spare parts

• NEV rear suspension subframe c-channel stiffener / repair kit
  • Suspension bushings (from arms to frame) 7 pieces IIRC
  • seat belts, shoulder harness, green
  • big ass bag of motor shaft bumpers
  • extra bearings and TC oil seals (a few different sizes)
  • add on ammeter and voltmeter kits

– Ok’s

• Six (6) 32-DCMJ deep cycle FLAs - about 2 years on the sticker, only ran for 6 months. Water and charge maintained over last 1.5 years sitting. Can load test.

• windshield in good condition

• Right mirror ok (left was sold)

• Recall replacement DC-DC in working order

• Rest of electronics in that area good (contactor, timers, relays, etc)

• Steering pod column electronics & switches

• turn signal lever switch

• master disconnect switch

• wiring harness in good shape, will try to remove in stock sections

• horn (no wolo)

• all battery brackets OEM

• accelerator pedal responds w/o errors

• master cylinder

• some extra other brake parts maybe

• dash et. al.

• Aluminum long bed for 00-04 long frames, typical dents for age. Some non-structural welds cracked from the bed rails swaying.

• some stock lighting fixtures - front turn signals, seat back 3rd brake lights, maybe tail lights - POSSIBLE SALE PENDING ON SOME OF THEM ,
  • Floor mat

• Grab handles

• Random other parts, ask if you don’t see it listed.

• Aluminum tool box 6.4 cf (19 x 37 x 17)

• rear drum brakes

• front drum brakes - removed from vehicle and replaced a few years ago Should be complete, but I can’t promise it. Also, I think there might be a broken spot weld or two on these - haven’t looked at them in ages

• Front suspension arms

• Rear swing arm suspension (dual shock per side - not known to be subject to cracking issues)
    FYI: The rubber suspension bushings on both of the above are deteriorated as can be expected for 20 year old parts. I have brand new bushings from NEVA that were never installed. Can include with suspension arms.

– WGAFs…

• original 12" steel rims
  • have extra set of 12" pizza cutters w/ non-DOT knobby tires

– Bad to RIP

• upholstery is crap. Frames are decent to good condition - suitable for taking in to be re-upholstered
  • most fiberglass in rough shape
  • aluminum frame might be bent from years of weight in bed
  • front subframe if you are realy desperate… someone cut the stock suspension arm mounts off and added monkey adjusters in some sort of failed attempt to add a camber adjustment. Unfortunately they didn’t get the right and left in exactly the same place on each side, so the front tires wear oddly and it can’t really be aligned properly
  • original gray seat belts, one is tearing

Yep. The R4F / SCO 7210 charger is still available.

Sending you a PM

I am looking for a new set of seat belts (maybe your spare set, a better set of brake pads (I can’t seem to find where to buy new ones online), and can you confirm the rear fender plastic body is in bad shape? Thank you!

Never mind, just confirmed that the long beds do not have plastic rear ends! But if by chance you know where I could find one, please let me know!

What year and model is your GEM? Some parts that I have are only going to be compatible with 00-04, while other parts may cover thorough various later years.

Seatbelts (new set): these will work on some later years. Need your gems year to determine.

Seatbelts (old set): I won’t sell the driver’s side belt proper because it’s compromised. But both retractors and frame hardware are possibly available. I’ll know once I get them out for inspection. Same goes for passenger belt.

Brake parts: need your year and model, also are you looking for front or rear?

Rear fenders: it doesn’t have any. Depending on your gem, the aluminum need might be able to be cut down and fitted, but unless you’re close by, that’s going to have to go on a pallet and truck freight LTL , which I can do, but could cost a couple hundred to ship. Flip side, I wouldn’t want much for it, because I was just going to toss it in my “good scrap - save” metal pile.

Thanks

Thank you for your response.

Both of my carts are 2002 and 2003 4-seater E825’s.

I would be interested in potentially taking the newer seat belt systems (mine seems to be getting a little too old)

For the brakes, mine seem to be getting a little too soft for both carts, I was looking to replace the brake pads for both carts (ideally front and rear for each).

Drums front and back? or NEV Disc fronts?

I’ll pull the seatbelt system as soon as I can, inspect it and get back to you on condition & price.

What do you want for your Nev Discs and calipers? (I understand hubs are missing)

Drums front and back. Are they in decent condition?

/shrug
I dunno. Haven’t looked inside one in years. I’ll take a look this weekend and get back to you.

@AssyRequired

Just sent you a pm

original post updated for items sold

Will you cut the frame up when you get that far? Thinking it would be nice to have a front battery compartment for test fitting battery boxes.
Haven’t figured out a way to get it though.

Yep. I’ll keep some good straight pieces as metal stock and the rest would be sold as scrap.

Whatever you want from up front is yours Dave. I’ll send you some photos once it’s a skeleton and you can just mark where you want the cuts made.

1 Like

Is the charger still available? And what about the t2 controller? And the Majic magnet

Hi,

Charger and magic magnet are both still available.
The T2 let me check on. There was one person who had expressed interest but he’s trying to convert a T1 vehicle.

What’s your price if it’s easier give me a call 2397474900 Brian

I’ll send you a PM tonight.

If the person ahead of you backs out on the T2, it’s had the max speed raised to 35 or 37MPH. You won’t need an MM with it.

Any chance of putting two upfront?

Might fit. I’ll measure tomorrow (later today )