Parts for your vintage GEM

I found a guy who bought out the GEM warehouse when Polaris bought them out…they didn’t want to move the parts so he was able to buy the whole lot…he has over 1/2 millon in parts …some stuff that we can all use…I spoke to him on the phone for about 2 hours last night and let me tell you he has some good deals on just about anything you need…if anyone wants to know who he is please let me know and i will pass on his number…the stuff is going fast …I would post his info but don’t know if this forum will let me.

2 Likes

Please feel free to post such vital information here. We’d all love to know where to get parts for our “vintage” GEMs.

1 Like

ok here it goes… Home # 701-256-2836 Cell # 701-256-0904 Lynn Peterson… he is a super nice dude and will help you anyway he can…he has saved me alot of money already with some parts…he has a few adds on ebay so you can also contact him there…dont worry about the low feed back he is a stright shooter…he has sold alot of parts already but still has a ton…while talking with him he told me he had over 100 bucket seats …thats alot of seats…lol

I bought my seat covers from Lynn… listed on eBay… sent quickly… great service, the photos are my car

Bob

Yea. Ineed a locking device for the trunk on the back of the gem car. Does he have a minimum?thanks
chili willy

I was ‘junkin’ at a golf cart bone yard the other day… not really it’s a used golf cart dealer who happened to have two GEM cars that he had received from an auction… he’s on my list of places where you might find a used GEM car in Denver… anyway I scored a neat little carpet that fits in the dash tray perfectly… have never seen one… there is no label to share… maybe it was done at an upholstery shop… the car that it was in had nothing else special about it… but it looks so cool in my car

Bob

Set of 4 Golf Cart Gem Car 215 40 12 Street Tire w 12x7 Chrome Octane Wheels | eBay

does anyone know if these 12 in wheel/tires will fit 2000-2001 gem e825. thanks

jrejr… 3+4 offset will fit GEM E4 carts as well as golf carts…Tires measure approx 19" tall…

the 3" offset should work… as I recall the offset should be 38mm… for that money… I’d go to a standard wheel size… 14" or 15" a 175/65/R14 is 23" tall and the 185/65/R14 is 23 1/2"… a Honda rim 200-2004 will work… national tire shops have a nice selection of spoke wheels

Bob

thanks… i still WONDER about my rear end with. IT appears to be SHORTER (not as wide) as others i see. My links pack rubs the inside of my fender well where i see others staying way out. My fenders (on the rear) are BY LOOKS-WILL MEASURE tonight, much narrower on the rear than the front. I wll post some pics tonight or tommorrow… thanks again

found some pics and width of insde of fender is 26in to the verty back inside corner
i apparently am not smart enough to attached photos? any help our could i get your email to send to.

to post pictures go to the advanced section and you can post your pictures from there my GEM car is a truckette… so I don’t have rear fenders and I honestly don’t have any idea how wide my truckette actually is I have to go to the shop to have new batteries put in tomorrow and I’ll measure between the distant between my rims

Bob

I would be interested :slight_smile: in his information since I just bought a new 2000 GEM. Please send me information to. Thanks for your help.

[quote=nosgsxr;15272]I found a guy who bought out the GEM warehouse when Polaris bought them out…they didn’t want to move the parts so he was able to buy the whole lot…he has over 1/2 millon in parts …some stuff that we can all use…I spoke to him on the phone for about 2 hours last night and let me tell you he has some good deals on just about anything you need…if anyone wants to know who he is please let me know and i will pass on his number…the stuff is going fast …I would post his info but don’t know if this forum will let me.[/quote]Need a wheel part for a '98 GEM. Can you send me contact info? Thanks!

1 Like

[could you send me their contact info… I have some wheel tire questions, and looking for some spare parts and a links pack.

thanks

je
jrejr2345@yahoo.com

Hi, Just found this thread.
I am the guy who bought all the gem parts when Polaris purchased gem in 2012.
I have only a few parts left, but maybe they are what you need.

701-256-0904 call or text

you can find some of my parts on ebay under name gem-car-parts.

You can find my email address in all my auctions on ebay by looking at the last picture in each auction. This forum will not allow me to post my email address

Thanks, Lynn

2010 EL

temp sensor 0606-00681
rear window top trim 0417-00914
left door latch 2dr 0605-00853

Complete rear window kit?

temp sensor-no
rear window trim - no
door latch, maybe. I can not find that part number in my books. Post a picture of what you need.

The only thing I have for rear windows is a vinyl roll up type. Its held on with Velcro.

Lynn

Thank you,

May have an alternate source for hard door latches, if you have other inquiries.

That part does not look familiar to me.
I have a few complete hard doors, drivers side only, no passenger doors.
Is that latch in the door or fastened to the body ?

After selling gem parts for 3 years, I’m still no expert on all gem parts. They made a ton of different parts for different years and models.

2004 and earlier, they were pretty consistent. 2005 , they changed a lot and 2006 and newer, they changed everything again.

Inside the door.