Paniting a GEM

Ok I got my roof back. First order of business was to mount the LED light bar on the rack and run the power wires threw the rack and down in threw the hoop down to the DC to DC converter

I canā€™t post picā€™s for some reason. As soon as I touch the picture icon the web sight reboots and kicks me out

They had a big doing in my gated seniors complex (1,300 homes) today at the 100,000 sq ft clubhouse to watch the Kentucky derby. Sold tickets (full house), served food, and ladies all dressed up.

I saw one of the ladies at the dog park later in the day. She said that after eating the management turned on the big screen TV for everybody to watch the horse race (betting was allowed) and no pictureā€¦ They (management)( forgot to pay the cable TV bill last month and were shut off !!!

The point (question) Iā€™m making isā€¦ Did our forum forget to pay the picture posting bill (LOL)?

LoL Iā€™m not trying to post pictures to be hosted by this site. I was (as I have done lately) post a link to the pictures. The pictures are hosted off sight so no cost to the host ā€œthis websiteā€ itā€™s the yellow box with the pictures of the small mountains inside. Let me try a ā€œhostingā€ picture these are the small lame pics.

Yea I just tried that ā€œNo workeyā€ donā€™t know what to say there is not much to share with out a pic I could tell you how awesome it looks but a picture would be much better

host them at Imgur

Grant not sure if you tried the advanced message sectionā€¦ the paper clip icon should let you post photos

Ok let me try the attachment method

Looks like thatā€™s not working as well

It says UPLOAD FAIL

Grant sounds like you are trying to send a photo bigger than the system peramitorsā€¦ check the sizeā€¦ seem to remember that it gives you the minimum and maximumā€¦ on my cell and canā€™t send a photo

Bob

Use Imgur to host pics, itā€™s simple.

I just sent my gem to be painted with a similar color scheme, will get it back next week.

Just bough these 16" rims, with nitto tires.

Imgur
Imgur

I have been up loading photos without issue until recently. Could it be a soft wear glitch on my iPhone?

Possibly related to the spell checker bug (see ā€œPaniting a GEMā€)? :slight_smile:

Just kidding of course. Love the results of your paniting. Will be interested to see the final results with floor mats and all the seats installed. Assume youā€™re going to recover them?

Al

Wher did you get the mats?

I had them custom-made. I made a template and sent it to them so they still have it on file if you were inclined to get a set.
The company is Called Plas-Deck and they make all kinds of synthetic flooring options. http://www.plasdeck.com/
Ask for Jennifer she knows what needs to be done if you want a set

Nice! You need a name painted on the sideā€¦ Like we did in the 50ā€™sā€¦ The bar on the top ought to put some light on the subject.

ā€œJelly Beanā€

No passenger seat? Iā€™m assuming the drivers seat is a from another vehicle and customized to fit.

I love the overall color and it is a fabulous paint job. Wheels, luggage rack and light bar are a nice touch as well. Not too sure about how practical the light colored floor mats will be though. Mine are tough to keep clean and they are just the OEM black mats. Maybe your passengers will have to remove their shoes to ride in your GEM - wouldnā€™t blame you a bit!

Overall a nice job. Well done.

Al

Update: Just looked at the website for the ā€œteakā€ flooring you used for the floor mat. It looks pretty durable and maybe just soap/water and a good scrubbing from time to time would be enough to keep it clean. Looks like you glue it in place since itā€™s designed for marine application. As an aside, theyā€™re only 45 minutes down the road from me in Copley, OH.