LED Lights :)

ok guys i have just about finished the GEM car and got it ready to go to the lake and ridden around…here are some new lights i installed under the car just for looks while parked,hope yall like…

here is short video of the lights…

let me know what yall think…

here is the switch and the 12 volt plug in…

looks great!! where did you get the LED lights? What is the speed of your GEM, what is the difference with the new wheels? What is the motor HP.

Does anyone have stats on distance driven - verses 3hp to the 7.5 hp?

Thanks …i got the led lights from Amazon they were about 20 bucks for 16ft…make sure you get the water proof set with the stickey tape on the back…

My gem has the high speed gears (6.1 to 1) and 17 inch wheels…I have hit 45mph but will run 40 all day…before I put the new wheels on it it would run 41-42mph…the wheels are a 17 inch with car tires on them and they r heavy…

I have the stock 5hp motor …I went about 10-12 miles on a charge this weekend but 80% of the driving was up hill … i also had about 100lbs in the bed the whole time…o and of course i had it on the floor the hole time…LOL

I hope to up grade to the 8.5 motor so i will have enuff power to pull my Sea Doo up the ramp from the lake…

The Gem was a hit at the lake …I had all of the golf cart owners mad at me …I was able to BLOW by them and look way cooler when doing so…I bet I answered about 200 questions about the lil GEM.

1 Like

So what is it like going 40? Riding in my e4 @ 25 sometimes feels like I’m on a 4 wheeled moto-X bike— teeth rattling…

Its great untill u start to turn…then its alittle loose…so I learned real quick to make sure and slow down before we turn …just pay attention and it is fine …I get alot of looks when zipping down the road at 40mph…and all the golf carts at the lake are scared of me …one dued said he was the king of the camp and could out run all othercarts…uuntill the GEM got a hold of him…now he just parks his when im out riding mine…LOL:peace::peace:

1 Like

fenders… what adjustments did you make for tires… Where did you get the gears. I have stock/stock… mostly golf in it, and still fastest cart on the course… about 26 mph. i was considering 12’s (i have stock 10), but didnt realize you could get that speed out of a 5hp motor. did you re program the controller?

thanks

[quote=jrejr2345;16888]fenders… what adjustments did you make for tires… Where did you get the gears. I have stock/stock… mostly golf in it, and still fastest cart on the course… about 26 mph. i was considering 12’s (i have stock 10), but didnt realize you could get that speed out of a 5hp motor. did you re program the controller?

thanks[/quote]

Fenders…i had to trim the “red” part of the fender with a plastic cut off tool …not hard at all…

Gears…i got the gears from Marlon on the form…i went with the 6 to 1 gears for speed but prob wouldnt go the tall again if you have any hills to pull…i would go with the 8 or 9 to one…

Tires …wheels (17inch) and tires are way bigger than my stock 12 inchers

Controller…mine is still stock but have been wanting to reprogram it but havnt been able to get ahold of Marlon…

Motor…i still have the stock 5hp motor…but looking to get the 8 or 9 hp:peace::peace:

I have a 9.6hp motor in my car… if I drive between 25-30 I can go about 30 miles on a charge… in Denver I can’t go anywhere without finding a hill… most trips are about 10-15 miles with a couple of stops… the night weather has been great and my bride and I have driven down town a couple of times… a 30-45 minute drive and all uphill on the return has brought out the code 41 and wrench in the last mile or so… my batteries are about a year old and I’ve beat them pretty hard seeing what the car will do on fresh pavement (55 and still pulling… I lost my nerve) I can pull a long steep hill and be going faster at the top… have a Battsix unit in the car and it sadly pretty much runs in the yellow and red unless I’m coasting… as winter sets in I may have to replace them… I start out at 13.0 volts and see them as low as 11.2

Bob

1 Like

[quote=eS GEM Colo;16938]I have a 9.6hp motor in my car… if I drive between 25-30 I can go about 30 miles on a charge… in Denver I can’t go anywhere without finding a hill… most trips are about 10-15 miles with a couple of stops… the night weather has been great and my bride and I have driven down town a couple of times… a 30-45 minute drive and all uphill on the return has brought out the code 41 and wrench in the last mile or so… my batteries are about a year old and I’ve beat them pretty hard seeing what the car will do on fresh pavement (55 and still pulling… I lost my nerve) I can pull a long steep hill and be going faster at the top… have a Battsix unit in the car and it sadly pretty much runs in the yellow and red unless I’m coasting… as winter sets in I may have to replace them… I start out at 13.0 volts and see them as low as 11.2

Bob[/quote]

what gears do u have in your car?? i would say that the batties are getting hammered on …what charger do you have?? i have a super charger and i messed around and didnt charge my cart after 4th of July and when i got to the lake for labor day it wouldnt charge…i had to put a charger on each battery to get the volts up so the charger would pick it up…i also have a battsix with the dash display…it only works 1/2 the time…right now i have two batties not reading and dont know why…when i got the unit the inline fuses were broken and needed to be repaired… so its not much help…

I have the stock gears and a new (1 year) DeltaQ charger… my batteries show a full charge of 13.2 and according to the Battsix they all are charged to that…

Bob

Well that is strange…I guess that big motor is putting a big strain on the batteries. …

probably the 20 miles or so at 45+ mph and a steep hill that I like to lead the traffic has hurt them as well… I do like the power of the extra HP and the bragging rights that my car can run with the big dogs… the next set will last longer

Bob

what batteries do you have

Deka D-31… I think

I just bought an E4 and I am going to start digging into it and customizing it. I found these rims on ebay. Will they fit?.

(Sorry they won’t let me put a link. Here are the specs.
4 New 17X7 40 Offset 4x100 KONIG Feather Black Wheels/Rims)

Also will I have to customize anything else?

One more thing. What batteries does everyone recommend besides Trojans?

-Zach

Hi Zach and welcome… what year is your car? an '05 and newer needs the Deka GEL batteries in my opinion…

the wheels that you are looking at are they $520?
4 New 17x7 40 Offset 4x100 Konig Feather Black Wheels Rims | eBay

truly if it were me I would look at Discount Tire’s website… find a wheel and tire like this one and have them try in on your car… they did that for me and I had good results… I would stay with a 38 offset… 40 might be ok… the 17" might be a problem with the rear fenders (spat)… use a 2000-2004 Honda as a guide for the wheel you want

Thanks for the welcome. I have a 2001 or 2002 GEM Car. The guy I bought it from gave me Walmart Marine batteries and I rode it once went on vacation and they were done for. I don’t think they would have worked anyways. I knew the batteries were the most expensive part but $200 a battery is a lot. I guess I have to do what I have to do though and I want to build this thing from the ground up. Seems pretty simple.

YEP - Those are the rims. I am looking for a bigger set of rims that are all black. Do you have a link of some rims that may work?

-Zach

in batteries I think you get what you pay for… you want something with an Ah of 90-100… with a good guarantee… I’d stay with a Trojan… I like the GELs because I don’t have to do much with them other than check the cables as they are sealed… so are the AGMs… make sure your charger’s algorithm is set to the battery…

back to the wheels you need to check the clearance on the fenders… I have the truckette and that isn’t a problem for me but you have fenders you may have to but lifts if you go too high… again I strongly you go to a wheel/tire store… ask if they will put the wheel you might pick on the car… make sure it works… then mount the tire and make sure you have the clearance and turning you want… if nothing rubs buy it… if you buy the eBay tire you may be stuck… the stores also offer service… as well deals on close out and buy 4 get one free… discount tire gives a gift card on 4 tires… it may cost a little more but in the long run will save you

Wheel Products By Vehicle - Discount Tire

Custom Rims | Custom Wheels | Rims | Wheels | Truck Rims

Batteries - Trojans - CHECK!
I will get these batteries. How do I re-program the charger?

As for the rims I would love to get the 17’s but I will call the tire place and see if an 40 offset will work.

Will a 15 inch with 38 offset work for sure?

-Z