New tire & rim thread

It was still in question what will fit.

Started looking locally.

The offset looks wrong on these.

Any opinions?

I believe the 17s are 23.4 diameter.

Those look like they would fit. (with the correct spacers) my wheels are 17’s with a 38 mm offset. I’m running the Nev acessories spacers in the rear and some 3/4 spacers in the front. The rear spacers place the wheel in the center of the fender. And the front spacers space the front wheels out so the wheels don’t hit the motor

Thank you.

Where did you get the spacers?

Will all or most of the wheels require spacers, or should I keep looking?

Dave

You have to fully understand and try different offsets I Only know what worked for me.
You may find the wheels you like only come in certan offset and some you may find in all different offsets. The easy thing for me to do was mount up the wheels and see how far in or out they needed to be spaced so in Theory

Let’s say the Nev acessories spacers are 1-1/2 thick. And my wheels in the back needed the 1-1/2 spaces to place them center of the fender. My wheels have a 38mm offset. So if you bought a wheel with a 10mm offset or so you should be good. Most of the wheels you find for sale on Craighs list that came off a Honda Civic ext like the ones you posted pics of look to be a 38-40 mm offset. (I guess that’s what imports like) if I was to do it over again I would probably do the same thing get what ever wheels I like in a 38-40 mm offset and then space them accordingly. Wheel spacers can be bought in all different sizes on Amazon.

Thought I would post this for other wheel newbies.

This looks like some good wheel info.

GemCar.info: tires

Hey Can I give you my Advice when it come to buying USED wheels. I have found that used wheels are NOT that great of a deal. To many risks IMO. Example when your looking for a 16- or 17 inch wheel for a gem you need a tire and wheel combo that uses a real small side wall tire. Like a 30 or 40 series tire. Now when someone mounts that tire to a 3000 lb import car and is rolling down the freeway and hits a pot hole you guessed it the wheel gets bent real easy. Most of the time you as the buyer cant eve see or notice the bend in the wheel. You can’t see that the wheels have flat spots in them until they are on your car or on a tire machine. IMO that’s why most of these guys that are selling these Used wheels are because they are bent or have flat spots. Now if your getting them for $100 that’s great. But you can buy brand new 17 inch wheels and tires mounted and Ballanced for $700 that are Perfict! That’s what I Payed for my wheels. No risk involved! Most of the used wheels I see that are decent are in the $600 to $700 range these guys are crazy! Why buy used when you can buy and pick out the wheels you like. Nothing wrong with a used set of wheels if you can get them on the cheep!
Keep in mind 15, & 16s bolt up with easy compared to 17’s that require a bit of work to make not rub. My advice if you don’t wanna hassle get the 15s or 16s

Thank you. Money is not the main issue. Not looking for a project.

Those 17s (picture) look like it might be a deal if they’re in good shape. Haven’t made an offer.
Told him I’d need $150 worth of adapters.

23.46 is pushing it?

I think my truck has the 12.xx gears.

Any way that I can find out if wheels are good?

[quote=Inwo;27844]It was still in question what will fit.

Started looking locally.

The offset looks wrong on these.

Any opinions?

I believe the 17s are 23.4 diameter.[/quote]

I had 17"s on mine originally with 1 1/2" spacers the offset is to much with out spacers

[quote=Inwo;27851]Thank you.

Where did you get the spacers?

Will all or most of the wheels require spacers, or should I keep looking?

Dave[/quote]

Any front wheel drive wheel will have to use spacers unless they are custom with a lip on face of wheel to make rear offset less.

How did it work out?

I guess you didn’t leave them on.

Sorry to be dense.:o

If I find zero offset wheel, it will work without spacer?

Non dot. I’m checking on offset. Sold as golf cart tires.

For truck tires.

23" 14s

free shipping

worked perfect you do not want to go over 23" diameter according to Ride 4 Fun I changed them cause 1 they were ugly and 2 i got one heck of a deal from a club car dealer on my current 23x10 tires with wheels for 300.00 out the door apparently club cars even with lift could not utilize this wheel and tire set up so he had 3 sets left and blew them out for 300 a set.

My cart/truck is lifted 6 inches

[quote=Inwo;27870]Non dot. I’m checking on offset. Sold as golf cart tires.

For truck tires.

23" 14s

free shipping[/quote]

this is what I am running with spacers

You might have to draw a picture.:slight_smile:

Only reason for spacers is offset compensation?

Zero offset = no spacers?

Or, still need spacers with larger dia. wheels for clearance?

Or get neg. offset?

when taking maximum left or right turns the larger diameter will rub your front fender or floorboard wheels farther out gives wider stance and more clearance on tight cornering

go to local salvage yard and ask to experiment with some standard wheels bring you cart on trailer and play around with different offsets and diameters

or any custom wheel shop will have new and used wheels take cart there and experiment the more neg you go in offset the more spacer your going to need. 0 offset you may rub in cornering I use spacers gives a wider more stable ride and looks better if we are talking truck body