New Job at EV maintenance

Hello fellow members of ev community!

I was wondering if there are some good books (online,free or not) on EV maintainance, especially forklifts and electric pallet jacks since an older electrician is retiring and I am up for the position of the job. I only own an electric bike which is much simpler. I know some basic about batteries (lead-acid, Lithium derivatives,NiMH etc) and types of charging, but I got no clue about forklifts and their diagnostic systems. Also the amperage is really high on those machines. Any information about is welcome. Dont hesitate to post scientific books, since I got the background to procces info(electronic engineer degree). Thanks in advance!1!!

Thanks for your reply, but do you have any information about what asked ? Come on guys and gals, we must try harder if we need EV to prevail! :stuck_out_tongue:

the only thing I can tell you is the most common batteries for forklifts is the L-16 from Trojan (other brands have similar models). these are 6 volts and 350 amp hours. they can be wired in series and/or parallel to get the proper voltage for the machine that is being run. they are lead acid, vented batteries so they need to have their water checked regularly just like car batteries. don’t ever short circuit a battery or a battery bank (connect the + to the -). good luck with the job.

[quote=mprikiman;21618]Hello fellow members of ev community!

I was wondering if there are some good books (online,free or not) on EV maintainance, especially forklifts and electric pallet jacks since an older electrician is retiring and I am up for the position of the job. I only own an electric bike which is much simpler. I know some basic about batteries (lead-acid, Lithium derivatives,NiMH etc) and types of charging, but I got no clue about forklifts and their diagnostic systems. Also the amperage is really high on those machines. Any information about is welcome. Dont hesitate to post scientific books, since I got the background to procces info(electronic engineer degree). Thanks in advance!1!![/quote]

Note the model of the fork truck in use in your plant. Purchase or borrow a repair manual for that model truck. You will learn a lot from studying that book. Money well spent.