New Batteries for the Think :) - Thanks David

I have installed a 22 cell (92v) battery built by David Bissen and am having great success. While the setup is still very new, and the permanent installation is not finalized, I wanted to begin the documentation for other Think owners that may be interested in replacing their AGM and upgrading to a lithium battery setup. As a background, my old battery setup would allow me to go a couple of miles, which while fine to get to the beach and back, limited me to staying close to home. I wanted to be able to easily go 15 miles without worrying about the battery. I believe I have a lot more…

In terms of fit and finish, the battery pack easily fits in the stock location under the front seats. I am in the process of fabricating a battery tie down and will use the factory bolt holes. I will also likely add fans to the case, but so far this has not proven to be necessary. Currently I have sent my charger to Dave to reprogram the charger so I can get a full 92v charge. The charge profile I was using only took the cells to 84v, but that was a HUGE improvement over the AGM setup.

Acceleration feels faster (maybe less weight, maybe placebo), but the speed is still governed at 25 mph :(…The cart drives fine and I have been able to drive the cart into and around town and back without any issue (other than limited top speed). The furthest I have driven the cart is ~ 6+ miles and voltage dropped from ~83v to 80v.

Ideally, I could reprogram the controller to allow the cart to drive faster. Maybe I should consider changing the gear ratio so I can go a tad faster without spinning the motor too fast? While 35 mph would be nice, 45mph would be nicer :).

Pictures and updates to follow…

My next modification will be installing disc brakes…

9 Likes

I’d really like to see pictures of your final install. I’ve been toying with this as well.

1 Like

13 posts were split to a new topic: Think LiFePo4 batteries

I’ll post pictures shortly…I would HIGHLY recommend going through David (vs. importing from a Chinese seller) as you will likely need support…

1 Like

@cij got a drop in kit.
I also sell the bare cells for diy, $100 each.
Use 20-24 for 72v to 88v.
94ah or double up for 188ah.
These are new real ev batteries in current use, not lifepo4.
In stock, 1 week delivery with support.

sdi think box
sdi think

Can you get the Samsung SDIs Third Generation 120 Ah cells, same dimension as the 94ah model?

I have not looked for them.

I can get Svolt 156ah cells for about the same price. Minimum order 100 pcs.

https://en.svolt.cn/products/info?id=1&type=11

2 posts were split to a new topic: Drop in lithium

How much for the drop in kit?

New 22s 94ah Samsung SDI battery with JK-bms. Last one. (SOLD)
$2750

I have one 20s $2500 uses any 72v charger.

22s sdi bms pics
sam 22s on shelf

New samsung jk