Ford think Extended range Lithium battery packs

These lithium packs will give your Think a 40 to 50 mile range . I have been supplying them to Gem owners and have had limited availability . Now have a few more in stock and can offer them to Think owners . These are New battery packs made by LG chem . Base version is a 20spack @ 82v but can be upped to 24s and 96v ( I run 96v in my personal Gem) . These packs are 180ah and weigh 140lbs total . A stock lead packs weighs about 400lbs .

This upgrade will make your Think accelerate much faster , climb hills at higher speeds and significantly increase range . In most cases your Think will perform so well with your stock motor you will not need to upgrade it .Your Deltaq charger will need to be reprogrammed for lithium . And I would recommend using a BMS . Multiple Gem owners are using a 400A , 20s , bluetooth one off of Ebay and have been very happy ($125) .

We have dozens of Gems running this setup .

The pack have 2 modules . These are pictures showing dimensions with the modules stacked on top of each other . They can also be use side by side .

The packs prepped and ready for install are $2200 .

1 Like

Need a picture and dimensions of the battery area.

1 Like

@LithiumGods Hi, I’m interested in more info for a 2002 Ford Think. New user here so won’t let me PM you. Can PM me. Thanks.

I’m interested in your Lithium upgrade, do you have more info, battery type, charger? I live in Phoenix, any insight on folks who do upgrades here?

I’m out of stock at this time. Is this for a ford think?

Hi I’d like more information on your lithium batteries for Ford Think and how I can purchase

I have some ready to go. The issue is width. 14.5".
As there are so many Think conversions in the works, I may strip the sides to get it to 14".
If you can find a way to squeeze in 24 x 14.5 x 8 , you are good to go.
Price is $2750 delivered.

What are the dimensions of the battery compartment?

It has been measured as 14" wide.
What do you think?

Ok I’ll see how I can make that happen. Is it possible to fit at an angle like making an angled bracket? Or do the batteries need to lay flat. Also I have a QuiQ 7212 model: 910-7201 battery charger. Is this battery charger compatible?

Any way it fits is fine. We but Bolt batteries in Gems at an angle.
Look at the number on flange. DQCP or DQCT is what we need.

The barcode right? DQCP

Yes, DQCP is right at the cut off point.
DQCP need a big black dot next to it .
DeltaQ dqcp dot

Also a think owner and the deka gels are on their last legs and would like to go lithium. Also have the QuiQ 7212 (no black dot) charger that I installed without the harness back in 2006. @Inwo @LithiumGods
Really like this contained setup vs stacked cells.

Dqcp needs the dot to program, but no need to program when using less than 22s. Lead profile will charge to 80%.

I just sent an empty battery case to a Think owner to test fitment. Battery is 1/4" too wide, but, that wouldn’t stop me from prying it in somehow.

In a pinch, (pun intended) I’m building a long narrow battery using the same new SDI cells.

| Inwo
October 20 |

• | - |

Dqcp needs the dot to program, but no need to program when using less than 22s. Lead profile will charge to 80%.

I just sent an empty battery case to a Think owner to test fitment. Battery is 1/4" too wide, but, that wouldn’t stop me from prying it in somehow.

In a pinch, (pun intended) I’m building a long narrow battery using the same new SDI cells.

Very interested in your setup and can wait a couple of months for think refinement. @Inwo

This one can be ready quickly. One off as it’s the only enclosure I have.
36x11x6 overall.
As it’s custom $500 more that the off the shelf 22s SDI battery.

Up to 24s, 22s recommended.

Mine is the think two seater. Don’t know if the four seater is different. With these dimensions I’m assuming I’d need to cut out the middle seat brace.

Don’t know, it’s only 11 or 6 inches wide.