Need to replace entire charger for bad dc-dc converter?

Ok, looks like I killed my dc-dc converter.
Quick back story: got caught in rain (pretty heavy), drove home, covered her and two days later, dead cart! Charger lights up and has proper voltage. No 12 volt anywhere. No lights, sounds or displays. Per manual troubleshoot, good 72 volt, bad 12 volt. Replace dc-dc converter.
My converter appears to be part of the charger.
Question is do I need to replace entire charger or can I just replace the converter? Manual says whole thing but that’s what it says for all components, replace, not repair.
I’m getting ready to do the lithium (volt) upgrade and have to get the charger reprogrammed or replaced anyway but don’t want to start that upgrade until the car is running properly again.
Can I use the lithium profile on gel batteries for a very short term?
2014 e4 with deka gel batteries currently. T5 controller.
I welcome all input, thank you.

I have a new delta-q converter. Not an easy task to install.
If I get old charge, and there is no serious water damage, I can trade for a new dci charger. $150
Unfortunately, dq cannot have both lithium and lead at same time.
If you monitor voltage you should be ok. Put charger on a timer or unplug to stop charge.

Awesome. That’s what I was hoping.
Yes, looks like a bear to install. I was looking at it today while troubleshooting my no run condition. That’s why I want to make sure I only need to do it once.
The new charger has a new dc-dc converter?

Yes, its generic charger.
That means you need to wire it yourself.
Unless you send it to me. I can then install your gem leads on new charger for plug and play.
If you don’t have volt batteries yet, I’m trying to get Grant a full pack to sell. It’s in .ca. and won’t ship out of state.
See his Spark conversion thread. Spark = Volt.

Ok, got charger out. Will send out in am. Where to send?
Ok if I give you a call to go over the other items I’ll be needing for the volt conversion? I’ll be needing 5 harnesses, at least one bms, two voltage spoofs and whatever else you recommend.
Thank you for your time and guidance.

Btw, yes ordered volt module last week. Should have by Friday.
I’m in Southern California and could possibly help with acquiring that other pack.

I’ll pm address and email. Stick to email as much as possible. Only way I can keep things straight.

Ok, charger on way. Look forward to your diagnosis. Volt pack will be delivered tomorrow. Will disassemble and get started on preparation for install. Will get rest of my order in a pm

As always, thank you immensely!
Bill