Need help with vin number please

Trying to buy cart E4 from a used car lot. VIN only has 12 digits stamped in roof 8GEMV0000001 found 5 digits on lower left seat support 45982. Dealer says it is a 2007 ANY HELP OTHER THAN WALK

̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶c̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶’̶0̶7̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶a̶d̶i̶t̶i̶o̶n̶a̶l̶ ̶V̶I̶N̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶v̶i̶s̶i̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶n̶t̶ ̶w̶i̶n̶d̶s̶h̶i̶e̶l̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶o̶w̶e̶r̶ ̶c̶o̶r̶n̶e̶r̶ ̶(̶d̶r̶i̶v̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶s̶i̶d̶e̶)̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶l̶a̶t̶e̶r̶.̶ There should be a VIN plate mounted to the dash that is visible though the lower left corner of of the windshield. (see my post that follows)

“8GEMV0000001” is not a valid (part of a) GEM VIN sequence.

“45982” is the last 5 digits of the VIN. In the case of GEMs it’s their sequence / number as they were completed. The GEM that followed that one had the last 5 of 45983, then 984, and so on.,

Here’s a post that might help a bit on what the rest of the VIN should look like.

Do you have a visual on this cart? Look up on the driver side of the car above the back window for the standard sticker.
45982 is probably the last 5 of your VIN.

Maybe your roof has been replaced? Has the headliner been painted/linered?

Take some pics of the dash, front components under the hood, Front suspension, and we can at least get a good idea of your era.

So it looks like the 2007s should have a VIN plate on the dash that is visible in the lower left corner of the windshield. Seems that started in '05

https://gem.polaris.com/en-us/self-help/article/KA-01168

I’ll have to go look for mine. I have 09.

This kart is for sale in KY. Think it is an '08, if anyone is interested.

Did you get any pics?

Call Ralph 8596971974 might not answer but will call back

Thanks, but I’m not interested.
I thought we were trying to help YOU sort it out?
I’ve called out a couple of people for selling the wrong year of car just by the pics they post.
If you’ve moved on then fine…

Thanks for your help

I’ll give you tree-fiddy for it .

Tree-fiddy. I said tree-fiddy!