National Plug In Day... 9/23/12

I know this is a long time away and that NEVs are not looked upon as ‘Plug Ins’… last time I checked I plug my GEM in and share road with these other cars… I can actually go as far as a VOLT and my car was a whole lot cheaper… if you can get involved…

National Plug In Day will be held on Sunday, September 23, 2012. National Plug In Day is a nationwide observance drawing global attention to the environmental, economic and other benefits of plug-in electric vehicles through simultaneous events staged in cities nationwide.

Plug In America, the Sierra Club, and the Electric Auto Association are teaming up to plan for this effort, which will sound the bell through plug-in parades, tailpipe-free tailgate parties, test-drives and other grassroots activities.

The goal of National Plug In Day is to get owners of plug-in cars together with the general public. The general public can then talk to the owners of these vehicles and hear what the cars are like to live with in the real world. We are hoping that this will motivate more members of the public to consider a plug in electric vehicle the next time they are thinking of purchasing a new vehicle.

I joined Plug in America and the EAA… so far they haven’t tossed me out

Bob

I found that the squeeking wheel gets greased… the Electric auto Association has recognized NEV’s as a group… join their group you can be a free member or pay a few bucks to be a card carrying member…
Electric Auto Association as we get closer to September 23 be a part of the Plug in movement… don’t leave me hanging out there as the only member with an NEV… I know there are a lot of you who drive your NEV’s daily

Bob

Sounds like a worthwhile endeavor!~

[QUOTE=eS GEM Colo;12357]I found that the squeeking wheel gets greased… the Electric auto Association has recognized NEV’s as a group… join their group you can be a free member or pay a few bucks to be a card carrying member…

Bob[/QUOTE]

WOW… these posts are like a bad taco… keep coming back…

the hair on my neck stands up when Earth Day (April 22nd) and National Plug in Day (Now National Drive Electric Week)… https://driveelectricweek.org/… come about and we as NEV/LSV owners don’t get involved… we are probably the best ambassadors for the electric car… we own and for the most part drive the ‘cheap’ Teslas… get off your behinds and join an event …

look for an Earth Day party or get some friends and create one…please join the Electric Auto Association and get involved…I made a lot of noise to get the Neighborhood/Low Speed Vehicles recognized amd I seem to be the only one posting… help me…think you can do that for free the cost in not a lot and is tax exempt…

thanks for reading this if you did…

Bob