My baby is transforming

Well the paint is done and I should have it home Friday. Then I’ll go ver the brakes and check the rest out. I was motivated to have a nicer cart after seeing way too many pictures of Grants blue ride. In the weeks to come hopefully I’ll be lithium powered.

1 Like

Lookin sharp

Be sure to keep us updated with the progress.

1 Like

Of course! We all motivate one another.

1 Like

Excellent. We need to see the “after” photos for sure.

Hopefully soon. I was ready to pick it up today and it wasn’t ready. But I did get something with a fellow forum friend. Whole leaf pack today.

Tell me about the leaf pack.

This car must be a 2004. It’s the only year that the rear section (the plastic body work the trunk go’s up against) has tail light cut outs, And the rear fender has brake light ridges.
In 2005 the rear section was smooth No cut outs for tail lights. And Gem moved the tail lights to the rear fender. 2004 also used a T-3 controller. It also had a unique rear fender braquet. The 2004 is some What of a unique Gem because many of its parts are 1 year only Example the T-3 controller.

It would be cool thread for a complete break down of all the different year Year by Year with all the different years with different mods Gem made and offerd. I

Not much to tell yet. It’s sitting in my truck till maybe Monday when we crack it open. What I do no is the batteries have about 45k on them and that it’s from a 2013. We’re just trying to learn our way thru it.

From what I have it says 2005. Fender was given to me. The one that it came with was cracked all the way off almost.

I only know about the two-cell modules from other posts.
I’d like to know if there are more available and the cost.
Can you share your source?
Will you have extra modules?
I did the same with a Volt pack. Over paid it seems, but they work great.
$2400 from junk yard.
I believe it broke down into 7 * 12s 2kw 47ah packs and 2 * 6s 1kw 47ah packs.
Enough to do two big gem batteries or four small 10-15 mile gem batteries. (100 volt)

We spent $2600, so we plan to have 24 each. As of now I’m going to keep 14 and Mike Mccormick wanted 10 if I didn’t keep them all. I’ll see if Jeff wants to sell the extra modules once we take it apart. No problem at all.

Source was this place their located in a few states.

LKQ of Southern California (1710/3198)
13603 Foster Rd. Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
T 800-525-3667
W 562.364.5306|Fax: 855.829.3879
hdalvarado@lkqcorp.com

Hi
think Leaf battery will work in Gem i also see on this link you can parallell them
http://hybridautocenter.com/HAC4/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=72&Itemid=631

and this some infos
http://hybridautocenter.com/HAC4/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=show&cid=91&name=58ah-nissan-leaf-battery-module&Itemid=605

From what I’ve seen Grant and some others have been successful. It would be nice if we had a real youtube star that could walk us newbies thru it. Maybe later! LOL

Troy Hoggard’s iPhone

All Grant’s pictures might have been lost in the move.
Here’s a recent picture showing leaf connection to bms-24 monitor.

1 Like

https://community.electricforum.com/t/lithium-conversion/5834

I’ve collected a few parts for lithium conversions if it would help someone.
A new DQ charger set to 21s or 24s.

#53 and #177

Thanks that looks Really clean. Im looking forward to the tear down in the morning.

1 Like

So the stock 5hp motor got super hot and I put my blue 7.5 in. I’m not sure how many miles it has on it, but it runs a bit too warm, if you ask me. I took a drive, hit a few medium hills and batteries show 3/4 but the motor just seems tired. And WARM WARM.