My 2008 E4 is jerky on take off

My e4 gem car is jerky on take off. Could this be the gas pedal not making smooth contact? I installed a new motor and slowly getting this thing back together… This forum has helped me big time since I joined and i’m hoping from what I learn I can pass it on to others… Thanks for all of your ideas and help…

You can test it using a volt meter. Slowly push the pedal and watch the voltage. The voltage should move slowly and not jump around as the pedal is being pushed. I don’t have the manual so I’m not sure which pins you need to check.

Thanks David. Some of the problem may be in the passenger side cv joint. It seems to be kinda sloppy. I ordered one today but I can still check the pedal voltage while im waiting on my part.

AP sensors have at least two signal wires. One will go from around 1 volt when the pedal isn’t pushed and go up to around 5 volts when the pedal is pushed all the way. The other one does the exact opposite. It will start around 5 volts and end up around 1 volt with the pedal pushed all the way down. You can test at the motor controller connector. That way you are testing the wiring at the same time.

Thanks i’ll check that today and post my results…