Moderator Introductions

Hi All,
Can we please use this threads for Mods to introduce themselves to each other.

I will start. My name is Bob Sheth. I live in London, England with my young family - son aged 5 and daughter aged 7. I am 39 years old and have built a small business as a web publisher and owner of niche online communities. Some of the sites I run include: expatforum.com, diabetesforum.com and australiaforum.com. Its a wide/mixed range of communities as I am trying to build a stable network of sites in areas that I think are not being served well online.

My plans for this site are to grow it as the Electric Vehicle market is growing. I will be redesigning the site and providing new sections. I will also be investing in growing traffic and growing the community.

Regards
Bob

Hello!

My name is Brent and I live in New York with my amazing wife. We are small business owners and this year will be our 30th year in business. I am 44 years old, an NEV owner and a proponent of alternative energies. I am a tech-junkie and a Mac computer lover/user since 1982. Over the years I have designed web sites, owned/operated several forums and I have been an administrator & moderator on several other public web site forums.

I am happy to be here and look forward to being an asset to the forward progression of the ElectricForum web site.

Respect,
Brent

Great to have you on board Brent.
In the next few days I will start a post about some of the plans and new designs I have in mind for the site - so you and the other mods can give me your feedback and help shape the way we should go with it.
Regards
Bob

I live in the Chicago Land area, been working on and racing cars ever since I started driving. (a little over 10 years now) I just got married to my wife Kendra, (literally 2 weeks ago) and I also own my own company I do work on the side with, and I work for a company doing communications equipment and networking. I’ve been moderator on a number of forums and owned a few my self as well. I’ve been designing my own electric vehicle for the race track for a few years now and as soon as some of the cost comes down a little I’ll start working on it and getting that going for competition use.

Excited to be here and ready to take this forum to the next level and get people more interested in electric cars!

Steve

Thanks for the intro Steve,
And congrats on the recent wedding. I really excited to start talking over the plans for the site with you and the other mods too.
Regards
Bob

Hi my name is Bob, I live in Ann Arbor Mich, I am retired frrom Ford Motor. I have been active in Electric Vehicles since 2006 when I built my first electric car. Since then I built another electric car (I still own), Bought a 1998 Ford Ranger Electric Vehicle, I installed 100 amphr lipo4 and absolutly love it, it has ovr a 1000 lb payload and a 60 mile range. I also own a 2008 Prius (daily driver) with 130000 miles on it. I took the pack apart and cleaned the terminals then reassembled it, I offer this service to others for 300 dollars plus parts if needed. I have a shop and electric vehicles come in on a regular basis for service. I am the Safety Officer for the Michigan Electric Auto Assotation. We show cars ar several events each year and host one that we allow the public to test drive or ride in our cars to promote our cars. At that event we also have a race on a course set up in a parking lot cordened off for that pourpose. We race against the clock and it is great fun for all. The first year I took second place a dragster took first, the second year the dragster took first again but I was displaced from second by a Tesla, but I did take third place. LOL

:welcome:
Welcome Bob!

[QUOTE=new dawn;13194]Hi my name is Bob, I live in Ann Arbor Mich, I am retired frrom Ford Motor. I have been active in Electric Vehicles since 2006 when I built my first electric car. Since then I built another electric car (I still own), Bought a 1998 Ford Ranger Electric Vehicle, I installed 100 amphr lipo4 and absolutly love it, it has ovr a 1000 lb payload and a 60 mile range. I also own a 2008 Prius (daily driver) with 130000 miles on it. I took the pack apart and cleaned the terminals then reassembled it, I offer this service to others for 300 dollars plus parts if needed. I have a shop and electric vehicles come in on a regular basis for service. I am the Safety Officer for the Michigan Electric Auto Assotation. We show cars ar several events each year and host one that we allow the public to test drive or ride in our cars to promote our cars. At that event we also have a race on a course set up in a parking lot cordened off for that pourpose. We race against the clock and it is great fun for all. The first year I took second place a dragster took first, the second year the dragster took first again but I was displaced from second by a Tesla, but I did take third place. LOL[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the intro Bob,
It’s great to find out more about you. Sounds like we have great EV team now moderating the site. I now need to focus on how to get more traffic flowing into the site. Will post more about this soon.
Regards
Bob

Hi Everyone

I am Mark and have recently started working full time for Bob with the aim of improving the content and marketing of the site. We are also looking to improve Facebook and Twitter exposure and use these channels to bring traffic back to the forum.

I am from a content writing services background although I have a few websites which I have developed and managed myself in the past. Using the feedback we receiving from all moderators we aim to deliver the style and type of content which you feel the forum members are seeking.

I am new to moderating and while I am just about to read the moderating guides any assistance you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Mark

:welcome:
Welcome Mark!

[QUOTE=EvForum;12686]Thanks for the intro Steve,
And congrats on the recent wedding. I really excited to start talking over the plans for the site with you and the other mods too.
Regards
Bob[/QUOTE]Hi Steve, Congrats on your wedding.

Nice to meet you Mark. Welcome

Thanks Bob

Hi group, I’m another Bob to add to the list. I’ve been in the electronics industry since 1979 and recently, with the downturn in the economy, switched to running my own small business.

I own a Prius V (it’s my second Prius), an electric hybrid bicycle and a GEM electric NEV. My interests and talents range from electronics, computers, amateur radio to alternative energy and motorcycles. I’m currently trying to rebuild the 2002 GEM eL and register it for the road here in Massachusetts.

Thanks for asking me to be a forum moderator, Mark.

Bob Peloquin

Welcome to the team Bob! :yo:

[QUOTE=new dawn;13354]Hi Steve, Congrats on your wedding.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Welcome other Bob.

Welcome to the mod squad Bob and thanks for helping out .
Bob (Number 2) :slight_smile:

Hello all I’m Rodney Diehl

Mark has brought me on as a moderator and I will primarily focus on spam. I have moderated 2 Houseboating Forums since the mid 90’s.

My background is in Manufacturing Engineering and I am a retired Plant Engineer. My interests are Houseboating (lived aboard for 7 years), home organs and anything mechanical.

Welcome aboard!

Thank you much.