LiFePO Battery install 2001 e825

Thanks! Will expand my search a bit.

how do i reprogram the zivan for 72v lifepo4 batteries

94 volts is too high

i need 86

thanks in advance

Joe, sorry I have a Deltq Quik Q, no info on Zivan, did you find an answer?

Update on my battery install. Batteries are working great. Charge to 3.33 on current algorithm setting #3 and after two 5.5 mile legs, (6 hour rest but not charge in between) it’s down to 3.28v per cell and all with in .002v. Never seems to slow down.

However the gear lube is now dripping out of motor… when will that be an issue?

The joys of GEM ownership.

no i have not received help on this, however; since the charge current is so low i think i will put a few 50A diodes in series to drop the charge voltage.

thanks for asking

It will take about 15 and make a lot of heat. Use square bridge rectifiers on a heatsink. 2 diode drops each 1.2v.
Or you can use a bipolar transistor with a 6.2v zener controlling the base.

Charge may need to be push started somehow if it can’t read battery voltage through the diodes.

A cv 10v buck converter in series may be possible. I’m working on similar 10a boost for another charger.

Reddevil - That looks like a great project. What is best way to contact INWO for similar setup?? Fitzysp

It is working great. Contact @Inwo for details via direct message. Hopefully he’ll see this and respond.

Green cells are $50 each plus shipping. Just shipped 28s UPS to Ca. for~ $250. :astonished:

Add $200 to test charge, balance, and include Elite balance boards.
Add $300 for new DQ charger.

@Reddevil another set (last ones for a while) are on the way. Balance boards and hardware USPS, should get there first.
Looking through this thread, it looks like you used some of the long straps.
One is in the box. If you give me the c-c distance and number needed, I can get them in the box before mail goes out tomorrow am.

Hi sorry just read this. I used a long and a short strap, any chance to get extra set of nuts for balancer attachment?

I did put extra nuts in the box and a couple straps. See if they work for you.

USPS package arrived, thanks.

Dave, trust you are sending 25c, I just now opened box and am short 4 balancers.

I have 3 spare from last order, need only 1 at minimum, preferably 2 to cover industrial accidents.

Keep digging. They’re in the box. Don’t throw the packing out.

Oh, wait. There was 1 loose one? Then I miscounted the sets of 4.
I do remember it not coming out even and cutting one.

Only found 21. :confused: have trimmed about 1/2 so far without damaging any. As I noted had three other so only short one plus a spare.

Who’s the Zivan and lithium expert on this forum? Wondering if I will need to change anything there, and if so how to do it?

Brian

I’ll wait until your done in case you need anything else.
Try it and see. If it over charges, add a cell.

Ok sounds good, batteries should be here early next week.

And they are here! Will look through tomorrow night. Thank you

How bad did UPS abuse them?