Let The Questions Continue! - QuiQ Chargers and Suspension

Two questions today -

I picked up a DeltaQ QuiQ charger off eBay a few days ago (from Pete’s Golf Carts). In the listing, the seller said to provide information about my batteries and they’d pre-program the charging algorithms for me. I did this, as well as provided the link to where I bought them (at Batteries + Bulbs). These are “temporary testing” batteries, at only 105 Ah. It showed up yesterday programmed for algorithm 11 which seems to be for 200-255 Ah batteries. I don’t know enough about charging - can I just run it as it is without damaging the batteries? Or will it over-charge them because it’s expecting larger batteries?

Second - I’m currently putting my '01 GEM back together. It was missing a lot of electronics, had a broken wiring harness, and was missing its front passenger side hub/brake and shock. I stole these parts off of one of the donor '02 GEMs, threw it all together, set it on the ground, and discovered the motor is interfering with the shock… Is there a major difference between the '01 and '02 suspension? I can’t see anything obvious except for a slightly different upper shock mount. I only have one '01, the other 10 cars are all '02s, so I don’t have anything to reference this time.

11 is the default algorithm for your charger. Watch your water level.

Sadly, I don’t have #13 available. Looking at this list of algorithms, it seems like numbers 5 and 62 might also be compatible, but I don’t have those pre-programmed either. Is it worth it for me to just go buy a programming adapter so I can make the changes I need to? Looks like they’re around $170.

As for the suspension modification… looks wicked sketchy. I’ll probably run it like that temporarily so I can put everything back together, but it’s looking like I’ll need to get my brother (a machinist/fabricator) to come out and help me make new mounts.

We had a 2001 e825 with that shock mod and it worked fine. My current GEM has two pieces of aluminum plate added as extensions to push the top of the right shock outboard to clear the motor. This works too. Remember legally you aren’t supposed to be driving over 35 mph. Did you look at the set ups on the other carts?

Here’s a similar view that was just posted on this thread - go to end.

I love the extension in your lifted thread. Might steal that idea for myself… I was considering lifting the car I plan to keep. The other cars that I own are all '02s and it looks like their shock mounts are pushed about a half inch to an inch further away from the frame - likely to clear the motor. I’m just not sure if there are any other minor differences that might hurt suspension geometry if I begin making modifications.

As for speed, I’m not planning on going beyond the 5 hp motor just yet, so I’m still capped at the factory 25 mph, but I am primarily driving in an old factory complex (where my shop is) with really bad/pot hole filled parking lots, and that’s got me a bit concerned about how well the stock aluminum shock mounts would hold up if mounted the way @Old_Houseboater showed. Perfect for testing and making sure the car works as intended once I finish the wiring, but not a confidence-inspiring long term solution.

Suspension on the early models suck. To save my back I actively dodge bumps and holes. Good luck.

Hmmm

May ride a little rough but properly lined up it seems more stable at higher speeds than New Version.

What say you?

Rodney