LED Gem Car headlights

Look simply put In right and your wrong!

Just point the lights down and your good to go quit you whining and move on. LOL

Of corse I’m using humor and scarzim to get my point across but hopefully you get it.

If you need a example take a tiny light shine it directly into your eyes. “Wow that’s bright” now take it and point it at the ground. “Not so bright” point is it’s where you have the light pointed and less about how bright they are. You simply need to adjust them further down. Get in a car and go head to head with your gem with the lights on and adjust them up or down until you feel like your not blinding the person I front of you ! Easy peezey

1 Like

I never looked before. These are 5 5/8" round, Not a good fit in oval bucket.
Do older cars have round?

[quote=Gwest;30506]Look simply put In right and your wrong!

Just point the lights down and your good to go quit you whining and move on. LOL

Of corse I’m using humor and scarzim to get my point across but hopefully you get it.

If you need a example take a tiny light shine it directly into your eyes. “Wow that’s bright” now take it and point it at the ground. “Not so bright” point is it’s where you have the light pointed and less about how bright they are. You simply need to adjust them further down. Get in a car and go head to head with your gem with the lights on and adjust them up or down until you feel like your not blinding the person I front of you ! Easy peezey[/quote]

Not going to argue with you on this. I’ve fixed it for my car and am happy with the results. I have them aimed properly too. Moving on.

1 Like

I have LED fog lights in mine as they have the proper cutoff not to blind above the line and they are incredibly bright. I have not had any issues so far. Not a perfect fit but they are close enough.

For any of these lights. Does anyone know the lumens on the lights they like? Anyone know the Lumens for the stock GEM headlights?

Most of the Lights they sell on Amazon have a spec for each light. The higher the watts usually makes more light. I have no idea how bright the stock gen car lights are. IMO they are almost worthless

These look interesting, 20W, oval and only $22 for a pair. But will probably take 3 weeks delivery.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2Pc-Car-LED-Work-Light-Offroad-Lights-20W-6500K-Spot-Beam-Led-Chips-Flood-Spot-Driving/32797976680.html

Those look like the ones I used and they worked great

1 Like

VWanted to up our wattage also, the tiny halogen bulbs in stock lights don’t really cut it. Found these on eBay for $11.60 plus $5 shipping, original listing number is 262632664352

On our 2002, they fit pressed against the hood and cutout is just large enough so all the LEDs are visible.

I requested the SPOT style as opposed to flood. So far no one is flashing brights at me.

I did need to fab a bracket (used sheet brass as easy to work and better, in inventory). The strip is 8” long and 1” wide. Lamps are exactly 4” wide across the back. I bent it then clamped to the lights and drilled two mount holes. I cut the brass so it could rotate a bit, giving a way to tilt up/down. However pressed against the hood, it seems to be angled OK.

Wiring required a ring and a spade connectors, plugged right in.

With the little night driving we actually do, should last forever.

They look good and so does the custom bracketing. FWIW, the one I posted a link to fit the stock mount and just had to handle splicing the wiring.

I have a thread about upgrading my 2002 and I posted pics in there.

Looking to purchase led flood lights like the ones @grantwest used. Do I need a purchase a wiring harness with a relay or can I direct connect right to the same headlight wires. I read that if you connect to the same wires the switch can get very hot.

Thanks for your advice.

Most of the New LED headlights draw so little power/amps that it’s actually way less power draw then your stock Headlights so you don’t need a Relay for a set of lets say 40w headlights. You can always add one. Aux Beam sells a $10 Wire harness that comes with a relay and switch if you wanna go the Harness direction. I use the harness when I hook up the Light Bars but not with the Headlights.

The LED lights I used on my( 2002 rejuvenate project ) were wired into the old headlight sockets. Use way less power.

I own a 2002 4 seater.

I searched and searched for a fit In Led light oval headlight. I found this led light at tractor supply and the dimensions on the site were perfect

But when they arrived the real dimensions were. 5.5 x 3. I tested them they fit perfectly behind the original holes so I decided to install. I found a few parts and went for it. Once installed they were bright so I backed them out a little and angled them down not to blind people coming at me.

I still have the box and can return. What does everyone think

As long as they work and you’re happy with them, that’s all that matters, right?

Anything is an improvement over the flaccid stock lights.

I ended up going with these, they seem like they will fit with minimal, if any fiberglass cutting and bracket modifications. I say seem because I had the old lights out and was halfway through test fitting the first unit, then picked the other one up out of the box and something was rattling around inside it. Replacements just showed up yesterday. Yay Chinesium.

Tyson: the 02 Round Head light bucket tapers inwards towards the back of the bucket. What if you were to cut the back part of the hoods headlight bucket a bit ya know where your new headlight in now touching. This would OPEN up or widen the head light hole and possibly allow the headlight to fit into the bucket and give you more space to aim the headlight

I like Jr Java’s price and looks. I’ve got the 2015 with the round turn signals. Not sure if the light buckets are similar in size.

Here is a thread from 2015, where I used those lights on my 2008 Gem E-4. Think they were like $19 LOL at the time 2 new LED headlights were cheeper then getting 1 new replacement bulb.

LED Gem Car headlights

I was thinking about taking the original headlight and taking off the lens and clipping it or trying to make it fit in the original hole so it looks original?

I thought of doing the same but instead ordered LED replacement bulb and they are much brighter then stock.