Latest and greatest plug and play lithium options

Guys, I know this has been covered in older post. But looking again at my options for plug and play lithium battery options.

Location St Louis, MO
2012 E4
Delta Q charger
Currently running gel

The Samsung factory 80v battery is the most tested and easiest of all batteries I’ve tried.
Available both coasts or shipped by me from Mn. I’ll pm you.

Thanks Inwo. What’s the range on this one?

Thanks Jeff

Figure about double what you were getting on new lead cells.

It’s a hairy question tho since we know nothing about your car, terrain, and speeds you are running. They all will factor into range calcs.

30+ miles have been reported, actual.

25-35 miles depending on your setup. pretty easy install for a diy guy. No electrical knowledge necessary. Big improvements on acceleration and range. We well even recalibrate your dash gauge to be accurate with the big battery.

What would be an option for 2015 e6 with in a hilly area?

@Nwadie - I find this a very vague request and difficult for me/us to answer for you without further info. We know nothing about what you want or need.

Expanding the thought
I assume you have been running your car for a while now. You have the advantage over the brand new guy that bought his car yesterday and just wants to start throwing parts at it.

How is it working out for you?
How is it NOT working for you?
What would you like/need it to do?
What mods are already on the car?

• Batteries?
  • Wheel height?
  • Lift kit
  • Gear Ratio?
  • Motor?

What terrain are you planning on running this car? (you said Hilly area. Are we talking SERIOUS hills?)

What is your skill set?
What kind of tools do you have for this swap?
Where are you located? Advantage if one of us is in your area for help.

And finally- How big is your wallet?

All of this should be considered in a proper build plan. For personal reference it is best to start your own build topic/thread.

For an E6 in a hilly area you might need something bigger than our 7kw Samsung pack. The LG 15kw pack maybe better suited but like Byron said , need for info on what you want it to accomplish

I agree with LG on this. A big car is going to need a BIG battery pack.

Size of battery pack is my question too. I’ve calculated that here on the flat, I ‘need’ 60 miles of range based on 3-hours cruising @20mph on a heavy day. A ‘maybe up to 40 miles’ pack doesn’t enthuse me to spend $$ and wind up short. Will 9-10 kWh pack get me to 60 miles? Also the draw down (80%+ usable) percentage on Li is far deeper than the small percentage usable (call it 20%) of the lead acid battery . . . so don’t we have a greater range with the same kWh pack? Aren’t we selling ourselves short by rating LiPO4 range the same as Lead Acid on the same kWh? I mention this because Evolution’s 48volt carts are pushing 80 miles on a 9kWh pack, so they claim with crossed fingers. Your comments are always both illuminating AND amusing!

I’ve commented below with a battery pack question, and value your reply.

The 15.5kw pack I rate @ 60 miles. @20 mph probably over 70. miles. In most cases I setup the battery to use 80% of capacity, but If a client needs more we will increase it. No one is getting 80 miles out of 9kw pack, unless you are driving 1 person very slow and you are abusing the battery by using 100% of it’s capacity. I would still bet you would never see 80 mile range. We offer 100% refund on battery packs if a client is not satisfied, we have sold hundreds and never had a single return(but I have had a few people who bought too small and then upgraded.) This is why I insist on a phone call with each client to discuss there needs. The big pack is an easy install on an E6.

Fits between the frame rails and even uses the factory mounting bolts.