Last of the mods

Hey DC321,
I had Richard do some work on my GEM and feel I can recommend him highly. However, I think the price of $3000 for the change over is crazy. Also, I second what Bob said above.

Yes, that is what I heard from Richard. $$$$

I got a much better deal at the other dealership, and they were delivering it to my Dad’s house and giving the intro to the car.

I just want him to have a new car that I know will not give him trouble, and that he can call Richard if there is an issue.

[quote=piper247;22293]Hey DC321,
I had Richard do some work on my GEM and feel I can recommend him highly. However, I think the price of $3000 for the change over is crazy. Also, I second what Bob said above.[/quote]

I agree.

I would do it for the $1020.

[quote=eS GEM Colo;22292]hi Dan… welcome… I don’t know how dealers price… you can build a GEM car on line to your Dad’s wants and needs…as I have a used car I don’t know what happens next… if GEM car ships you the car or they go thru a dealer… know that a friend was looking for an e4… went to the dealer and had a case of sticker shock as he had offered her the car for over $15,000… came home and found a used one for a third the price

Bob[/quote]

Hi Bob,

I did start by building one online, and then reached out to the seven dealers in the state and one regional guy in GA, and asked them to send me a bid, letting them all know I was shopping them all.

They regional guy and one other came in at MSRP. I don’t know where Richard got his price. It was even higher.

Dan… sounds like you are on the right track… hope Dad enjoys his GEM car like the rest of us do… most of the time

Bob

If it was mine, i would have the list of mods at the bottom of my signature like you. :wink:

He just wants it to go.

my parts guy is at Beck Chrysler in Palatka …

Bob

he can always add as he goes… I have… finding things like the seat covers on eBay… makes the car a little different for under $60

Dan

In the future, when you have a new subject please start a new thread. This thread is very interesting and should stand alone. I’m not smart enough to seporate it but Mark might. If he can it will show up as New cart for Dad.

Like the idea that a customer can build the car to his wants and needs… I bought my Prius that way in 2004… put it out to dealers in the area… one said he could get me what I wanted within 30 days… in 04 the wait was up to a year… it just sits since I bought the GEM… 24,000 miles on it… have seen GEM cars priced high… have built them with every conceivable add on and haven’t reached the dealer price… think they should make a profit… just off me… I have two friends in FL… Lee the parts guy at Beck…888-677-4961 and Mike at GEM of Marco Island 239-595-0193… Lee can send you to the salesguy… and Mike is the boss… tell them Bob Andersen told you to ask for the best price…you can always get your car shipped bu Uship.com… works like eBay… you tell them what you are shipping (golf cart) from point A to point B

Bob

[quote=OLD HOUSEBOATER;22302]Dan

In the future, when you have a new subject please start a new thread. This thread is very interesting and should stand alone. I’m not smart enough to seporate it but Mark might. If he can it will show up as New cart for Dad.[/quote]

Cool, thanks.

I will look for it.

Dan