Introducing Level 2 residential charging stations with simple installation

Greetings ElectricForum-

We at Poulsen Hybrid have developed a unique solution to Level 2 Residential Charging without the need to run a new 240V circuit to the garage. In cases where remote garages and obstructed, long-distance runs would require expensive cabling and possibly trenching, we’ve patented a transformer-based charging station that allows you to utilize the existing 120v 20a circuit that is already servicing the garage area.

This is done by a certified electrician who simply and safely converts the existing 120v 20a garage circuit to 240v 25amp service back at the main panel using the GE 2-Pole Circuit breaker (and sub-panel) included in the kit.

Once the garage circuit has been converted to 240v - 25amp, The Poulsen Power charge station provides Level 2 charging to your EV, greatly reducing charging time, using J1772 compatibility.

To restore 120v service an on-board 240v/120v step-down transformer is simply wired back to the garage circuit providing power for door-openers, lighting and outlets.

The charge station is housed in an indoor/outdoor (NEMA4) enclosure and is equipped with an on-board timer to take advantage of off-peak electricity rates, manual over-ride for immediate charging and comprehensive charge status.

We feel the most practical and economical way to charge your EV is at home, while you sleep and the Poulsen Power was designed to eliminate as many obstacles as possible to make that happen for you.

Thanks for reading.

Poulsen Hybrid

We had a Poulsen Level 2 Residential Charging Station installed for our Chevy Volt. We have an older house and basement is finished off- electrical panel on other side of the house. Electrician wanted $2000 to install new 240 v line w conduit etc. on outside of house!
Poulsen unit installed for $325!! Full charge now 3.5 hours vs 10-12 hours previously.
Poulsen unit works great- Easy install for electrician also.
Charles Lick – Minneapolis, Minn.

[quote=poulsenhybrid;20970]Greetings ElectricForum-

We at Poulsen Hybrid have developed a unique solution to Level 2 Residential Charging without the need to run a new 240V circuit to the garage. In cases where remote garages and obstructed, long-distance runs would require expensive cabling and possibly trenching, we’ve patented a transformer-based charging station that allows you to utilize the existing 120v 20a circuit that is already servicing the garage area.

This is done by a certified electrician who simply and safely converts the existing 120v 20a garage circuit to 240v 25amp service back at the main panel using the GE 2-Pole Circuit breaker (and sub-panel) included in the kit.

Once the garage circuit has been converted to 240v - 25amp, The Poulsen Power charge station provides Level 2 charging to your EV, greatly reducing charging time, using J1772 compatibility.

To restore 120v service an on-board 240v/120v step-down transformer is simply wired back to the garage circuit providing power for door-openers, lighting and outlets.

The charge station is housed in an indoor/outdoor (NEMA4) enclosure and is equipped with an on-board timer to take advantage of off-peak electricity rates, manual over-ride for immediate charging and comprehensive charge status.

We feel the most practical and economical way to charge your EV is at home, while you sleep and the Poulsen Power was designed to eliminate as many obstacles as possible to make that happen for you.

Thanks for reading.

Poulsen Hybrid

We had a Poulsen Level 2 Residential Charging Station installed for our Chevy Volt. We have an older house and basement is finished off- electrical panel on other side of the house. Electrician wanted $2000 to install new 240 v line w conduit etc. on outside of house!
Poulsen unit installed for $325!! Full charge now 3.5 hours vs 10-12 hours previously.
Poulsen unit works great- Easy install for electrician also.
Charles Lick – Minneapolis, Minn.[/quote]

If you guys are interested: I have a better way to charge an EV without needing charge stations. I have a portable charge station that I was working on for the past 4 years and didn’t realize it until I read this post. I was going to use it for my EV.