I Need a Android device?

Hey I am in. Red of a Android device. I’m a Life long I phone user so I have no idea what to get.

#1 its gotta be cheep.
#2 is only going to be used to program/control my ANT BMS.
#3 the screen or size is not important cause I already have a dash mounted display for my BMS

Please let me know what you recommend

Looks like WallyMart has $59 7inch tablets?
Anyone see anything wrong with getting a elcheepo? Or should I get something nicer

Should work fine - probably running three or four older versions of Android OS but it will work for your needs.

Are u saying the Walmart device will need to be updated ?

I am saying that it probably cannot be updated to the current version of Android OS, hardware will not support it - but it should not matter. It will be new “enough” to run what you need.

1 Like

I was in the same position. I bought that cheap one from Walmart and it works perfectly for programming and monitoring the ANT BMS

David your The Man!!! Not like my typical friends her on “The Forum” I ask a simple question and they post a “Meme” or make a (rude Comment) . shame on Mike KC & Mike McCormick You dirty Bastards! dam you!!! DAM YOU all to HELL “ Charlton Heston“

I don’t understand what LG and myself did wrong here? But o,well…

Me neither. Wait until he gets a load of me… I have yet to pick on Grant for being a crapple user.

Please don’t pick on me I’m sensitive. I don’t think I could take any more negative feed back. Mike KC and MCCormick are all I can handle.

LOL. Those 2 can say what ever they like! Dave included 3 of the nicest guys. Assembly Required also a awesome dude!

Grant is having an Episode, it will all be fine. Snowflake, I have an old android phone if you want it. I can preload the app for the technology challenged. And for a bonus you can activate it and escape from the Apple stranglehold.

I got a Walmart android tablet and for some reason the App Store does not show the ANT BMS app That matches my BMS

Can you scan the code on the BMS? I think that takes you direct to ANT for the App.

I don’t know that I have ever gotten the ANT app from the google store. I always just loaded the .apk files.
Do you have those from Dave?

I sent you a link - try some of those. - not sure what version you need or which ones work, it all seems to depend on the ANT BMS

The new version is called My-app-1116.apk I fyou need it let me know

Well duh. Stop looking on Crapple’s App Store for android software.

Man, what is it with you bay area guys? Too busy huffing the fumes from Steve Job’s decaying carcass?

He is trying to connect to an ANT BMS no JK.

Hahha… oh yes… I’ll go back to bed. Let me delete that…

I used vbms off the android store. Not ant’s but it seemed to work for me.

Try this.
http://mysharegadget.com/645368472?spm=a2g0s.imconversation.0.0.1bc53e5fkSeoql

or