I Need a Android device?

Success

2 Likes

Your able to change the setting now?

Grant,

I was able to download the Ant BMS file Dave provided. Being new to Android I thought it would be as straight forward as Apple is. But going to the Google Play store and downloading it well the ANT BMS program is NOT on Google play, It may just be my inexperience but the BMS files I downloaded don’t seem like they would EVER pass the “sniff test” on The Apple App Store. Example all the BMS programs MikeKC sent me (thank you) all required that you allow the BMS program to access your
GPS, Phone Contacts & PHOTOS. What the heck! Why does a BMS program need to see what photos I have! And if you say NO to any of the items the BMS program will not load or work. Ok fine with me! The file Dave sent me required No such Thing. I used a program called “Solid” on the Google play store as a tool to install the ANT BMS files Dave sent me super simple. Download Solid and then open it and use the “Solid program” or app to Upload or install any file you like. My guess is that Google Play has privacy issues with many of the APK files and that’s why they don’t show up in the “Google Play store” so with all of that out of the way. Yes it seems like I was able to Upload and make changes to the BMS to my surprise many of the setting were good to go
Right from the start. Example How did the BMS know I have a 234 Amp Hr pack? And many of the Battery High and Low settings were already correctly filled out! :+1: The one thing that was or Is unclear is weather the Balance feature is turned ON. Example on my Android Device it Doesn’t say “ON” or a green light indicating the balance is On

I just installed a new ANT on a volt 22s li ion about 2 weeks ago. Good question about capacity because mine knew i had 54ah. I had to set a parameter to the chemestry. There is a balance auto start button if you scroll down the control screen . I had done 5 or 10 charging cycles with no bms. Cell 11 was about 0.2 volts low. About 4 charging cycles and it is right there with the rest of the pack. I guess there is something different in that cell so the BMS is essential. I think i lowered the charging limit to 4.1volts and balance start to 3.9 volts. I am using a Zivan charger on Gel setting. So BMS cuts off the charge cycle. Zivan goes into alarm but does not seem worse for it.

Back to original topic i just use my samsung phone.