Help Needed: Schneider EVLink ev2430ws Error Code

I am brand new to EV cars and have a 2013 Volt. I installed a L2 charger that the previous owner included with the car. It looks ok from what I can tell once powered up, but as soon as I plug in the car, the status indicator changes to red.

Inside the charger, the main computer board is flashing a single amber light in a sequence of 4. I have tried to research the Schneider website, but I am unable to understand the code.

I am hoping that someone has some pointers, I would love to get this running so I do not need to wait 10-12 hours for a charge!
static.schneider-electric.us/docs/Electrical%20Distribution/Electric%20Vehicle%20Charging/Indoor%20EVCS/S1A87413.pdf[

Thanks in advance,

Not sure but I believe #4 is main contactor problem. Call the 888 number.888 778 2733

Rodney

Thanks Oldhouseboater…

Any experience with that code or how to remediate? I will call support on Monday, but was hoping to get this going over the weekend when I have the time.

Any experience with the Schneider support line? Are they helpful? Thanks in advance,

No experience. Make sure you get back with us when you fix it.

Rodney

I spoke with Schneider support today 877-342-5173, 9, 1, 3.

Craig was incredibly knowledgeable about the product and was able to follow my verbal description of the issue just fine. He made a couple of suggestions that I will try tonight when I get home. He also let me know that the serial number of the unit, listed with the model number indicates the year of manufacture (first 2 digits).

His initial thoughts are a grounding issue, possibly with the house wiring, not the cord or car side.

More to come following my testing tonight!

RESOLVED!!!

Thanks to Schneider tech support for talking me through a house wiring problem. I was able to find a wiring fault in a junction box between the charger and the circuit breaker.

The good news is that the charger itself has no problems! After fixing the wiring issue, the charger powered up as expected and when I plugged in the car the charging happened as expected.

Looking forward to future chargings!

Thanks!

Thanks for the update

Rodney

Thanks to Schneider tech support for talking me through a house wiring problem. I was able to find a wiring fault in a junction box between the charger and the circuit breaker.

The good news is that the charger itself has no problems! After fixing the wiring issue, the charger powered up as expected and when I plugged in the car the charging happened as expected.

Looking forward to future chargings!

Thanks!

very good idea