Has anyone done a full electric conversion?

Just wondering if anyone has done a full electric conversion , like taking a VW Rabbit and gutting it. Installing all the electrinic and batteries, electric motor, etc ? Please add pics if possible.

I am currently in the middle of converting a 1993 saturn coupe I am taking my time and learning as much as possible before I do make the final choice on my battery pack. I have the motor and car and lots of the controls I need for the progect. I do know it will opperate on 12 12 volt batteries 120 volts. it is raining and icy today here a perfict day to work on it. I am looking for a place to post pictures of it here, to show what is involved and how to do it. Here is the link.
http://www.evforum.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17 The car is plated insured and on the road

I just sold my first project. It was a Ford Ranger with an advanced dc motor and curtis controller. It had 24 six volt golf cart batteries(1500lb) in it. The truck would go 70 mph and had a range of about 35miles.
I am in the process of converting a Ford Escourt I plan on using a different battery pack (not sure at this time).
Gordon Cooper

[QUOTE=gordoncooper;148]I just sold my first project. It was a Ford Ranger with an advanced dc motor and curtis controller. It had 24 six volt golf cart batteries(1500lb) in it. The truck would go 70 mph and had a range of about 35miles.
I am in the process of converting a Ford Escourt I plan on using a different battery pack (not sure at this time).
Gordon Cooper[/QUOTE]

could you post up a parts list and places you got your parts from? that would be a big help. its hard to find good manufactures for this kind of thing.

Sorry for the delay, I am learning how to use this forum. The motor and controller came from KTA services(Advanced DC motor and curtis controller). I salvaged some 2/0 welding cable from a friend and various relays and terminals. My Ranger was rather crude. I managed to impress my friends and family anyway. I cut off the crankshaft of the original motor and machined it and some aluminum for the spacer. This was a lot of work. I have found a place that makes the adapter plate and connection and when I recieve it I will let you know if it is worth the $750 it cost.
Gordon

thanks! yea let us know, any pics?

my projects shall ensue soon enough!

Don’t skimp on the lugs, the 2 0 welding cable is what you need but the lug quality can make all the difference.