Grants rims on ebay?

This looks a lot like a @grantwest GEM. My spidey sense is tingling.

LoL that’s my buddy Erastadero. He sells on EBay. He is awesome. I bought my wheels from him as well as Mike bought his wheels from him as well. I have bought like 5 sets of wheels from him All came mounted and balanced and shipped to my door with spaces and lugnuts. “5stars” he is a great guy.

1 Like

G convinced me to get them and they are AWESOME on a white Gem . I get a lot of compliments on them . But you have to keep them clean . Requires some work . I am in the process of getting some low dust brake pads so that they will stay cleaner longer . These are 16" version so i could run a thicker tire for a better ride . G runs 17" with skinnier tires .

I was skimming ebay looking to upgrade my rim game. I have 15" Honda rims with too much rubber. I found out recently nobody makes really low profile tires for 15s so I was shopping.

They do have a distinctive look. I like them. White just doesn’t work for my ride though.

What tire would I use to have those fit on my 2002 GEM?

I’m running 205/50/16 They are a tight fit . Also the cart has lithium upgrade so it is lighter and sits higher . Requires some mods to get them in . I would suggest 195/50/16 would be an easier fit .

Somebody needs to make a GEM donk.
30” rims with 1/2 of rubber.
Where the heck is Ludacris when you need him?

2 Likes

My experience with tall rims and low pro tires.
Wife’s BMW have low pros and the car rides like a log wagon. My XT5 has 20" rims with tall rubber but rides like a Caddy. The gem E4 with the 14" stock alloys rode a little smother than my 17s.
30" will not ever work as the car would have to be lifted to an unsafe height

MVC-005F

Scoping out my EL the other day.

And my Anvil.
MVC-006F

1 Like

1 Like

Imagine doing 45 mph and then a panic stop!

Grant

Can you send link to where you buy rims and tires from.
Just bought a 2016 E4. Has 14”. I don’t
like the look.

Want to put maybe 17”
Off set 38 with 1.5” spacers and 2” spacers ?

I thought I seen Mikekc say something like that on his 17”

(562) 843-7513
Tirewheeldeals@yahoo.com
aaderastor@yahoo.com

The wheels are 4x4-1/2 and I can’t tell you what size spacers your gonna need UNTILL you know the exact offset you get. Example 1 wheel may be a 34mm offset and the Next wheel you choose may only come in a 40 Mm offset. Not all wheels come in a standard offset

But call or Text Aerasto and tell him Grant sent you. I have sent him so much business, perhaps one day he will give me a discount :slight_smile:
But seriously his prices are great and the wheels come mounted and balanced to your door be sure to get the tuner lug nuts as well

1 Like

Check your tire rotation when you get them. He sent me 3 rotating one way and 1 the other.

@BigT
Mine are 205/40/17 - 17" wheels 38 offset

You can pick any wheels you want off ebay with a 4x114 bolt pattern and 38 offset

2" spacers on the back - 1.5" on the front and everything fits perfect.

1 Like

Hello Big T,
I am also interested in new wheels and tires for my 2018 E4. I have stock 13 inch with hub caps. Are you going to sell the stock 14 inch.
Thanks
Dave P
Marco Island Florida

Hi Dave P

I have not decided yet on wheels for my Gem. Trying to go with a wider tire. So not sure if I will go with a taller rim. Once I decide I may sell old ones. Not sure the value of the 14”. I know new ones are $$.

Tony B

I cannot tell you what offset will work on a 2016 except for what I have shared. Offset needed is based on the width of the rim/tire and space needed to clear the shocks.
+30 you will need narrower spacers (about 8mm less) - with my tire
+40 you will need wider spacers (about 2mm more) +40 might work with 1.5" on the front and 2" on the back if your tire is the exact same width as mine.

There is a lot of trial and error if you don’t go with a known setup - I think ti took me three sets of spacers to get it correct.

Google “Offset” and start reading, :slight_smile:
Google “Tire Calculator” and start plugging in numbers.

dp2003 . i’m in Naples.