Gem rear facing seat option / custom? Anyone know of any makers? Anyone have one?

I know some people say it would be “unsafe” etc… and I am pretty certain there are no rear facing seats made by gem. I have seen 1 gem with a rear facing seat online but can’t find where it was purchased from. I am considering getting a rear facing seat from a club car etc and modifying it. The gem bracket for the storage container looks like it could be easily modified for a seat. Has anyone done this?

[QUOTE=Susp3nc3;9405]I know some people say it would be “unsafe” etc… and I am pretty certain there are no rear facing seats made by gem. I have seen 1 gem with a rear facing seat online but can’t find where it was purchased from. I am considering getting a rear facing seat from a club car etc and modifying it. The gem bracket for the storage container looks like it could be easily modified for a seat. Has anyone done this?[/QUOTE]

I have one of the folding type like used on golf karts. I came off my E825 seater . Bolts to the rear of the chassis at the shock absorber mounts and at the upper bracket on the rear

I’m in League City TX. call me on 409 301225 where are you located?

do you have any pics? what are you asking? Thanks for the reply

[QUOTE=Susp3nc3;9413]do you have any pics? what are you asking? Thanks for the reply[/QUOTE]

Look on facebook . facebook.com/darryl.bertram

There are several photos of the seat there.

I am in southern california. I will try to call tomorrow. Thanks for the info and pics.

[QUOTE=Susp3nc3;9415]I am in southern california. I will try to call tomorrow. Thanks for the info and pics.[/QUOTE]

I posted a photo of the car with the seat on it in facebook.

Hi Darryl, I am still interested. I was just worried about shipping costs etc… What are you asking for the seat setup?

[QUOTE=Susp3nc3;9498]Hi Darryl, I am still interested. I was just worried about shipping costs etc… What are you asking for the seat setup?[/QUOTE]

Since it will be costly shipping I’ll take $100 for it. I checked at local golf cart dealer and this set up sells for about $375 here and you might need to figure out how to fit it to your Gem Car.

That is a great deal Darryl. Can I paypal you the money? Also, any ballpark number on shipping? What dimension box will it fit in and what would the weight be?

[QUOTE=Susp3nc3;9507]That is a great deal Darryl. Can I paypal you the money? Also, any ballpark number on shipping? What dimension box will it fit in and what would the weight be?[/QUOTE]

Let me set it all together and send you info on the dimensions and weight.

Okay, thanks!

[QUOTE=Susp3nc3;9507]That is a great deal Darryl. Can I paypal you the money? Also, any ballpark number on shipping? What dimension box will it fit in and what would the weight be?[/QUOTE]

Without cutting any of the welded parts it would be about 48" long,34" wide and 24" high. It would weight about 150 lb by the time it’s boxed up.

To send this size item economically you should use general freight company. I have used freight101.com for shipping this sort of thing before.

I’d need to buy materials and send some time getting this packed up so that part would add $50. Also with shipping if you have anywhere that is a commercial business (with unloading capability like forklifts) the freight will be much cheaper than to a residential address. Let me know, it would ship out of Seabrook TX where I have a friend with forklift to load it .

Regards

It will be a box /package about 44" long, 33" wide and 24" high. Weight about 120 pounds.

call me 409 370 1225 to discuss

I was totally not expecting to be 400+ to ship. I think i am just going to try to fabricate my own. I am really sorry to put you through all the trouble to figure this out.

[QUOTE=Susp3nc3;9543]I was totally not expecting to be 400+ to ship. I think i am just going to try to fabricate my own. I am really sorry to put you through all the trouble to figure this out.[/QUOTE]

What is your zip code? Do you know somewhere that’s a commercial address it could be delivered to? I looked on freight 101.com and came up with an estimate of $160 here to Long Beach.

I can easily check it out.

darryl, saw the info on back seat for the GEM car do you still have it. my brother lives in houston and could pick it up. thanks, kenny

don’t forget to look on U-ship for a cheap way to get it there…

https://www.uship.com/signin.aspx?ref=%2fshippers.aspx

Bob

Here’s mine on a 2014 E2.

1 Like