GEM - Popular Topics

POPULAR TOPICS in GEM FORUM

http://community.electricforum.com/t/safety-in-gem-repair/3205?u=emiliofcastillo

http://community.electricforum.com/t/complete-list-of-gem-error-codes/1492?u=emiliofcastillo

http://community.electricforum.com/t/02-gem-wiring-diagram-for-steering-column/2641?u=emiliofcastillo

Working on a 2013 GEM ES car stopping charging can not find any fuse at this time have 72.06volts at controller 120 volts to charger car will run even if plug in monitor screen shows 1 red 1 yellow and 2 green bars also no code light on charger what can I check?

Having a power issue with my 02 e85 4 seater batteries are recent ran fine in fall but now when i put main power switch bbn on dash lights up for about 10 seconds and goes out then I have no power batts are all charged up and equalized …anybody got any ideas I can try …I own a motorcycle shop so we kinda got an idea but def not EV technicians …someone mentioned a relay not sure where it is…thank you

Hello New to this site. I posted my question re 2014 E6 purchase Looking forward to reading replies Thank You

I love my GEM car and have t-shirts but am always looking for something different… I ran across this t-shirt… the company is quick to get the order out… I feel the price is fair… they even said if I have an idea they could design it and would add it to the list of items… that would go for you as well… they are in Egypt but ship Fedex and their shirt beat an item I bought and was shipped from Los Angles via the USPS… if you love your GEM car why not wear something to go with it… my disclaimer is that I don’t own or have stock in the company… just think the shirt is great

Good morning…
I am having a hard time figuring out how to start a new post… I guess I am challenged!
Anyway, My first GEM was a 2002 E4 - I liked the cart except for the steering effort and turn radius. Can anyone tell me if these complaints have been addressed on a 2014 model? I currently have a 2006 E2 and love it!
Thanks!

Yep- it is kinda hidden. Sometimes I find the new post on a random page offshoot, but
short answer → tap the c key (create new post)
Make sure you select which forum group you want your post to appear in.

for more shortcuts look up top right and you’ll see the magnify glass(search tool), 3 horiz lines (I just now found out this is the hamburger menu), and your personal icon. Pull down the hamburger menu and look at the bottom for more keyboard shortcuts.

As you noted, there is a huge difference between the '02 and the '06 cars. I haven’t been in a '14 yet but I hear they are even better in ride. Turn radius will probably be the same. You might want to stay away from the e6.

Can someone help me diagnose this problem I have.
Terrible squeaking when turning the wheel.
Video is uploaded with sound here:

Thanks in advance!!

I am trying to figure out how to post and it seems to be beyond me. I would like to post in for sale or trade.
Please let me know.
Chet
vanfossenchet@gmail.com

Yep - it is hidden. Normally there are a couple of buttons at the top of the page but due to some odd error these buttons are hidden by the banner when the page gets drawn up.

The easiest method is to just tap your keyboard “c” key(no modifiers). This action will open up the new topic editor window. (think “c” for create). A sample of what your are publishing is in the window to the right.

Depending on what is being viewed at the time, the editor might copy/paste a few things into your editor window along with some HTML markup in the Body. Clear all that out of you are starting a new topic.

Also- use the pull down window and select which forum you want your new message to end up.

I Bought a 2005 GEM E4. While I’m driving if I step on the brake the PSDM makes a loud click and the display will either flicker or turn off completely which result in the car being on the side of the road. If I flip the blinker or windshield wiper while driving the same thing happens. I tried telling my wife to just not hit the brakes but she did not think that was funny. Have any of you had a similar experience or have anything I can try. I replaced the ignition switch with an OEM switch already to no avail. I’m thinking it may be something in the PSDM but its quite the gamble to replace that and have it not work. Thank you.

Do you have other keys on a ring with the gem ignition key? If so, you need to find a different ring for them. When you hit the brakes, the extra weight & inertia of the dangling keys swinging can easily tweak the lock cylinder just enough to momentarily shut off the power. Eventually, it will damage the cylinder.

How long have you had the vehicle and how much of it’s history do you know? It could be the PSDM, but I would start looking at other wires / components first and rule out as much else as possible before jumping to a new or rebuilt PSDM.

If you are having no lights on the charger after verifying the charger has 120v, it is likely a bad charger. I posted a week ago with a 2014 similiar problem, pulled charger out and the main fuse inside the charger was blown. When I bipassed the fused, 2 capacitors started to smoke. I am waiting on my new Delta Q charger to arrive.