GEM parts Garage Sale (motors, charger,etc)

I am new as a member to this forum, but have already got a good bit of help from reading previous posts to help me figure out some of the things that I have done on my “new to me” GEM so far…

I have some parts that I would like to sell:

• 3.5hp motor (fairly used, but still works)
  • 5.0hp motor (removed from vehicle when new during motor upgrade, like new condition)
  • DeltaQ charger (about a year old, good condition)
  • brand new set of side mirrors (Stock GEM,never been installed)

If you are interested in any of these things, let me know.

I was also wondering where (other than here) might be a good place to sell these. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I have had good luck on Ebay. There are never enough used GEM parts available anywhere. This may change as commercial fleets start to retire their older vehicles.

Daniel

Give me more information about the DeltaQ. How easily adapted to 2001 GEM ?? And interested in the mirrors also – going on my third set !!

• 5.0hp motor (removed from vehicle when new during motor upgrade, like new condition)

I was also wondering where (other than here) might be a good place to sell these. Any ideas would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

A week ago or so, someone from the forum got in touch with me and bought the DeltaQ charger and the mirrors… both seem to be the popular item.
I still have the 3.5hp and 5hp motors if anyone is interested. They are not super popular items, so i doubt I will bother with ebay. I would rather hold on to them until someone on this forum needs one and I can give them a good deal to get back on the road.

pm me if interested in either motor…

ryan

How much for the 5 HP motor? What year is it out of?

Daniel

The 5hp motor is out of a 2005 gem. It was taken out when it was brand new and replaced with the 7.5hp motor.
The 5hp motor has zero hours on it and is basically new.
$300 for the 5hp motor.

The 3.5hp motor has been used in a 2001 gem truck. It was a replacement motor for the original motor. It was used for almost two years before it was taken replaced with 7.5hp motor. It is in good condition, but used.
$175 for 3.5hp motor.

pm if interested.

I did sell the deltaq already, but as far as adapting the deltaq to the 2001 gem… it may be a little bit of a pain to id all of the wires in the gem console, but it is really not a hard install after that. The techs at gem sent me a wire diagram that was very helpful in identifying the different components and wires. I will look through my e-mail later and find the diagram… it may be helpful to you.

rg

[QUOTE=solarteacher;9720]Give me more information about the DeltaQ. How easily adapted to 2001 GEM ?? And interested in the mirrors also – going on my third set !!

I was also wondering where (other than here) might be a good place to sell these. Any ideas would be appreciated.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Do you still have the 5.0 motor? If so, is it the ‘heavy duty’ one? I have a 2007 with 5.0 I would like to replace but it has to the be the heavy duty one. I am new to this forum as well as the GEM, but I love it!

Thank you

Interested in 5.0, would like to PM you but don’t know how in this forum.

[quote=SDgemTruck;9912]A week ago or so, someone from the forum got in touch with me and bought the DeltaQ charger and the mirrors… both seem to be the popular item.
I still have the 3.5hp and 5hp motors if anyone is interested. They are not super popular items, so i doubt I will bother with ebay. I would rather hold on to them until someone on this forum needs one and I can give them a good deal to get back on the road.

pm me if interested in either motor…

ryan[/quote]

[quote=SDgemTruck;9920]The 5hp motor is out of a 2005 gem. It was taken out when it was brand new and replaced with the 7.5hp motor.
The 5hp motor has zero hours on it and is basically new.
$300 for the 5hp motor.

The 3.5hp motor has been used in a 2001 gem truck. It was a replacement motor for the original motor. It was used for almost two years before it was taken replaced with 7.5hp motor. It is in good condition, but used.
$175 for 3.5hp motor.

pm if interested.[/quote]