Gem high range issue

2009 gem es, only operates in low…?
Controller??

Check your rocker switch between TURF and STREET. I once fussed for two days wondering why my GEM wouldn’t get up to speed just to discover some “■■■■■” had inadvertently flipped the switch to turf mode. Hated to admit that to the wife when I got home! VBG

al

[quote=ARandall;23704]Check your rocker switch between TURF and STREET. I once fussed for two days wondering why my GEM wouldn’t get up to speed just to discover some “■■■■■” had inadvertently flipped the switch to turf mode. Hated to admit that to the wife when I got home! VBG

al[/quote]

Where would that switch be?
Thank you

On my 2001 E825 short bed, it’s a rocker switch on the steering column right next to the wiper rocker switch (or maybe the light switch - can’t remember which one is on the right side of the steering column). Easy to flick by mistake because you can’t really see it very well from the drivers position due to the spokes in the steering wheel and if you’re trying to turn on wipers(or lights) and are doing it by touch, you can easily get the wrong one. If you flick it on at low speed, you won’t notice anything wrong until you discover your top end is suddenly reduced.

Al