Gem cart drops speed from 25 to 22 mph

6 will work but 9-8v oem

Brake torqueing will work but it’s something I would avoid doing to much of.

Checked all the batteries individually while lifted with a jack and they were all 8.67

lifting the car has no effect on battery performance… who recommended lifting the car and testing batteries?

Guessing he lifted it so the wheels could spin free while remaining stationary :grinning:

You’d probably want more of a load on the motor though to run a better test.

Am try it again with driving it on road soon

Just hold the brake hard for 3 seconds and read the meter

1 Like

Hey I would like to know if there’s a difference between the 8 V Joel Polaris batteries to the 12 V Joel Polaris batteries

Just got done checking every battery individually and The lowest each battery goes down is 7.8 Starting at 8.5 V

So a 12V battery is typically charged to 13.8V and settles to ~13.0V and at 12.0V is below 50% discharged. That’s ~2.0V per cell when seriously discharged.

So an 8V battery at 2.0V per cell is 8.0V but you have batteries floating at 8.5V and only dipping below 8.0V when under load but it does seem a large dip. To learn more, I would fully charge them and do the quick load test on each battery, then run the cart until it does the speed drop( really? only 3MPH ) and then do the load test again. I have a feeling you are just seeing the results of weakening lead acid batteries. I saw a 3-5 MPH drop as the lead acid battery pack capacity got below 70% on the meter.

I run Lithium now and see about a 2-3MPH drop when my battery cell voltage gets down to 3.7 volts and I recharge at 3.6V.

Don’t understand what is the problem in this case ? Most likely it’s the battery???not sure but looks like it any one here knows what should I do?

What would I do ??? Car is still driving What is a good battery gel type good price where can I find them

I have gel batteries 9 8v.car slow down can’t find witch battery or if all are bad!

At this point I would recommend finding a competent, local golf cart mechanic to diagnose and repair whatever problem you may be having with your Gem. Not only will it save you the frustration of having to ask questions in hopes of a speedy reply, it might reduce the cost of repair as you aren’t blindly changing parts (or individual batteries) in hopes of affecting a repair.

Just my $.02.
Paul

1 Like