Gem a.c. motor conversions 8kw motor

I think we are ready to share with some early adopters.
Classic t4/t3 gems only, so far.
Ask @MikeKC about pricing. He is building the kits. I have the parts.
Mike can confirm. Except for the 3 phase wires from motor to controller, plug and play.
He should post some pictures soon.

Pics as promised: Yes the wiring is messy - this is what it looks like when you are testing.
Final product will be nice and clean.
As you can see the 23pin connector for the T2/T3 plugs into the converter board. Then out to the sevcon controller. Pretty slick setup. Again “Dave is the Man”.
T

1 Like

Does pb work? (Parking brake)
Turf?
Remember that board also transfers the regen function. Useful if we find the trigger in the gem.
Map an input and set % torque while braking.
s-l400-33

1 Like

I think PB will work, but not mapped at this time.
Yes Forward/Turf/Reverse working as switched.
I think if we just adjust the ramp down settings the regen will be fine. It is working, My personal preference this that it would be a little harder regen, like in my Tesla.

I’ll send my file with my preferred regen and D1 later.
Don’t give up on Gems. I need someone who can help develop kits.

Just sent my current Anvil file.
It has nice regen and D1 mode. It should work in Gem with only throttle changes.
I think that I mapped the parking brake to Sevcon P20. Have we ever tested the Gem for active low on Gem p13?

Hi guys, I have a 2005 EL truck INWO has helped me with, thank you INWO!
I just burned up my stock controller, borrowing from another project so I’m still going but I am sure my 100 volt pack and lead foot will be killing my set up by mid summer and I would love to have more then 20 miles range without a battery upgrade. I’m running 6kw ford cmax batts and chargery BMS.
I love to tinker, have a lot of electric RC car background but CANBUS and computer programming is way out of my league. I am a bit on the low budget side, this truck is actually my daily driver with lumber rack for half the year and saves a bunch on fuel and maintenance.
I’m all in and able to follow directions when there is somewhat of a kit ready.

@Matthew_Cotten
I think we have a setup just for you :slight_smile:
Read up on the other threads about 8Kw motors. Dave and I can get you hooked up.
I can fill you in on all details later but have to run off to a meeting right now.

@Inwo

Oh man! Thank you Mike! No hurry but I’m completely ready! I will try to get more people with gems on my island interested! :sunglasses:

I’ve also been following for a year now excited to be a part, I just know I have nothing to offer for help in the real work you guys are doing so I have been getting by with my old stock set up and a 24 cell lipo battery pack until I could be a part with my limited knolage. Very excited! Love my truck!:slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve figured out most of it, I found your PC board kit on ebay and the induction motor at that motorsports place but I still need a programmed Controller and would rather buy all of it from mike and INWO to help as much as I can. I’m hoping Dave has a bunch of induction motor to sell still!

@Matthew_Cotten
Sorry I have not gotten back to you, busy day with my real job. Yes Dave has plenty of motors/controllers and we can build the boards and program the controllers. Give me a day and I will PM you with all the details and caveats (which you may have already read about).

Great! Thank you Mike. :sunglasses:

Yes, I do. I prefer to sell a few at a time on a pallet. The boards and controllers are easy to ship.
I can build the boards if Mike can’t find the time. I can only bench test them, as I don’t have a classic Gem for testing.

Hi, thank you! Sounds like I should start with two motors then as I get more cash(soon) I will purchase the controller and board. No hurry but I’m ready when you are Dave, thank you!

Are these the correct pins?

Hmmm, it is a T4 controller from an 2006 model.

It’s p7 that is 0-5v throttle input.