Flashing 8888's

The latest error code I’m tracking down is this. The display show all flashing 8’s when key is off. The display will not turn off and continues to flash all 8’s only way to stop it is turn the main power off. Car seems to be in a limp mode any ideas.

That’s not an error I have seen before. RFF or Marlon may have an answer for you.

I have had this happen twice before. All I can tell you is to turn the disconnect switch off for about 20 seconds and turn it back on and all is well for about two months.

R4F said it might be a DC to DC converter so I replaced my’n and it’s still doing it

Does anyone have a contact name or phone number for Marlon ?

I think Marlon is currently off-the-grid recovering from a very serious auto accident. I’d contact R4F instead for their advice.

Al

Like I said earlier I feel like I’m chasing my tail. I’m beginning to think this is how my problems went down. #1 I hooked up the original controller backwards, (Ok bone head move on my part). So I throw in a (UN-tested and un known controller I had as a spare) I had no idea if it worked or not. After I threw it in I got the same result (car is not working) so after going over my wires for the 100th time and double checking them against another gem I have my wires are all going to the right connections I think the spare controller I installed was no good to begin with. With fingers crossed
I wanted to take the controller out of a car I know works and throw it in my GEM.
If my problem persists then I know its somthing else. I just don’t want to potentially damage a perfectly good controller as a test mule???

[quote=Gwest;19650]I wanted to take the controller out of a car I know works and throw it in my GEM.
If my problem persists then I know its somthing else. I just don’t want to potentially damage a perfectly good controller as a test mule???[/quote]

My advice would be to have your original controller rebuilt by R4F ($500) or some other 3rd party. Someone on this NG posted the contact information for a commercial firm that rebuilds GE controllers though I can’t find it right now.

Al