Error code 11

Hey guys. I have a 2005 GEM EL and the past 2 mornings I’ll be driving it and while I’m at 25 mph I’ll get error code 11 (drive petal engaged while turning on the key). Now since I’m not turning the key while I’m driving obviously I shouldnt be getting this message. Any ideas? Is it overheating of the motor or possibly a short of some sort? Thank you

Also I think it has to do with going over bumps. They’re just regular bumps on a flat road do its not like I’m getting any air or anything.

Usually code 011 is the result of a foreign object stuck under the pedal. Less likely is an electrical glitch in the pedal components or the wiring leading to the controller. If the 72 volt power to the controller is interrupted for even a fraction of a second, the controller resets and looks for a closed throttle before allowing power to be applied. This is intended to prevent the vehicle from “taking off” if the throttle becomes stuck.
Check for the obvious. A big one for us has been a cord used for charging that gets under the pedal. Next, look for any loose connections in the 72 volt power circuit. If you get the code 011 only when going over bumps, this is a strong indicator of loose wiring. Do not try to bypass this or any other safety device.

Daniel

I have the same error 11 problem, 2001, I replaced the potentiometer (sp ?) in the pedal, that did not fix the error problem so don’t try that. I will look again at all the connections, about two weeks ago I got another opinion as to what is the root of the issue and was told it is in the batteries. I am still not convinced of that thought,
will continue looking and see what turns up if anything.

@daniel When you’re talking about something being stuck under the pedal you’re talking about something just on the floorboard right? I don’t have anything on the floor. I looked around under the hood and didn’t find any loose connections.

[QUOTE=Brains530;12405]@daniel When you’re talking about something being stuck under the pedal you’re talking about something just on the floorboard right? I don’t have anything on the floor. I looked around under the hood and didn’t find any loose connections.[/QUOTE]

On my car, when I look, there is nothing under the pedal but I continue to get the infrequent 11 error code, i took the foot pedal apart and looked inside the pedal and found nothing stuck in the way, i did replace the potentiometer thinking that could be the problem, the pot. is in the foot pedal , but that did not stop the error 11, still confused and looking myself as to the fix.

I have also had the #11 error. I spent a lot of time inspecting the foot switch, cleaning, lubing, etc. I have not experienced it since I began “slamming” the parking brake off. I think gently releasing the lever left the microswitch “on the fence” and any small jar would set the error code.

Eric

[QUOTE=ewagnr;13152]I have also had the #11 error. I spent a lot of time inspecting the foot switch, cleaning, lubing, etc. I have not experienced it since I began “slamming” the parking brake off. I think gently releasing the lever left the microswitch “on the fence” and any small jar would set the error code.

Eric[/QUOTE]

I also have to drop my parking brake very positively to make the switch close.

The heavy rubber floor mat often works its way under the pedal. Also, check the wiring leading up from the throttle. We have had a wire overheat at the connector. Look for brown marks on the white plastic connector.
The parking brake reed switch can be adjusted so that it stays open when going over bumps. This is a common problem.

Daniel

[QUOTE=GEMmechanic;13267]The heavy rubber floor mat often works its way under the pedal. Also, check the wiring leading up from the throttle. We have had a wire overheat at the connector. Look for brown marks on the white plastic connector.
The parking brake reed switch can be adjusted so that it stays open when going over bumps. This is a common problem.

Daniel[/QUOTE]

Did anyone have success? I have the same problem, but worse. The motor stops within seconds after putting the pedal down.

Thanks, Greg

I am having same problem replaced pedal with brand new one & still not working still getting 11 code !!! please help.

[quote=jesse2001e825;12404]I have the same error 11 problem, 2001, I replaced the potentiometer (sp ?) in the pedal, that did not fix the error problem so don’t try that. I will look again at all the connections, about two weeks ago I got another opinion as to what is the root of the issue and was told it is in the batteries. I am still not convinced of that thought,
will continue looking and see what turns up if anything.[/quote]

what did it end up being?

POSSIBLE CAUSE
Start switch is mis-adjusted or defective.

Input voltage at P3 should be less than 50%
of battery volts at key switch closure. Adjust
or replace accelerator unit to insure that the
voltage at P3 is less than 50% of battery volts
before closing the start switch.
Short circuit between P15 and P3 in start switch
input circuit.

Disconnect wire from P3. Check for short
circuit from this wire to 12V positive.
Resistance should be greater than 4.7K
ohms.
Defective control.

Disconnect wire from P3. Measure voltage
from P3 to negative. Voltage should be zero

I keep getting code 11 replaced pedal with brand new one & still getting code 11 any ideas?? please help?

Getting an occasional code 11 while driving 2003 E825, 4 seater. There are several actions that trigger the error. If I’m driving along at full throttle and turn on the lights, code 11. Flipping the blinker on or off, code 11. Sometimes just driving along, code 11. If I lift the pedal and immediately reapply throttle, it takes right off.