E81 in my POLARIS GEM E4

Hi everyone, my car is runnig with E81, top speed 25km/h and i replaced de sensor cable and still doing the same.
I read the post about the error but nothing similar. I don’t know if the problem is from the controller " FISP IC3645SR7T405T6" and living in Barcelona it’s difficult to find some one to check it.
As I could see, the las time I rode the GEM cable A it was almost burned and very warm.
If some one can help me…
Thank you so much in advance

Tell us more about this car
It sounds like a late 2014~15? (T6 controller?)
When was this car last working properly?

-81 is related to the speed sensor but also relates to the magnet mounted on the motor shaft. Depending on which motor is installed it will be a disc or a ring. Remove your sensor again and look to see what you have and it’s condition.

Which cable was almost burned? Cable A? (possibly one going down from controller to motor?)

If you are not sure how to describe, Can you post some pics?

Hello, my GEM is from November 2012. I replaced the sensor and still the same, magnet looks good and is not broken.
Cable A is the one you say. (controller to the motor)
In theory the GEM it’s all original and i’ve never repplace anything.

do you have a picture of your new speed sensor

And can you show us a picture of your magnet?

• Make sure you have that tab in your sensor lined up with the slot in your motor and that it is pressed in flush.

• Make sure the sensor plug is fully installed into the harness

• Pull the big 23 pin plug from your controller and inspect for contaminants, moisture and reseat the plug back into the controller.

I think all you comment it’s ok. All seems ok, controller as well.

This morning I contacted with a company that they can check me the controller but they need the scheme and after that, they start the repair with a minimum of 200€.

Ok- Maybe i should have been more specific.

I want to see the magnet that is mounted on the motor.
This one on the bench does no good for the car operation.

Hello. This magnete is what I have installed in my engine. How magnet should be look then?

Select GE Controllers and then match your controllers model number at link below and download the docs.

I can’t recall if I’ve heard of a T6 for gems before or not. What type of GEM is it?

I thought my rookie was showing. I didn’t know about this either.

@desarba - Can you show me a picture of the magnet installed on your motor that is causing the errors?

I think that is a 5 that has bled a little and looks like a 6 -
It was manufactured in 2012 so that would be a T5

That is what I was thinking too Mike, as FSIP does list a GE R7T405T5

https://www.shop.fsip.biz/Image/GetDocument/en/45

I read this and two thoughts came to mind:

1. Poor bastard, pumping gasoline into the cart.
  2. x2, so double poor bastard… you found the one place on the planet where they actually have shittier gasoline than California. Up to19% ethanol, Sucks to be you ya poor bastard.

Saw this and thought "Ok, this could be cool. Swapping in an ICE… "

"Ok, this could be cool. Swapping in an ICE… "

I might just have to start checking out the moto scrap yards again.
It would need to do better than 25kph tho.

Processing: 96FA1871-49E6-4853-AFAF-84BFF4CBEF9F.jpeg…

What is it the moto scrap yard?

Back in the day there used to be quite a few pick-a-part yards here in SoCal. Sadly, most of my local yards have been replaced by condo projects and I haven’t been to one in years.

A buddy and I would have great times spending Saturday poking around various cars taking things apart, learning how things worked and adapting fun stuff to our own cars. If we were on the hunt for something we could hit 3 in a day. I had air horns from a Fiat, cruise control, power windows and power seat from a Cadillac, v6 engine and trans from a Capri and late model disc brakes in my early model mini truck.

We would walk past the motorcycle section and just dream of the fun projects we could do with them. The problem with using motorcycle drive line in a cart would be not having reverse. It might be kinda cool hearing the growl of an inline 4 coming out from under a gem. But then having the ability to break the tires loose and still be almost totally silent is also kinda cool too.

1 Like

hi desarba
that sensor will not work on Gem
that sensor are to short,look at my picture
but you can modify it to fit better to motor or only put your magnet half way on axle so sensor can see the magnet.
problem is sensor need to come longer inside motor
or buy original sensor

Hey! Thank you so much. It’s weird because when I bought the new sensor I compared with new one and I’m sure was identical ( maybe it’s the reason to get speeds of more than 60km/h when polaris was driving good)
I will modify the sensor and on Monday I will try it again).
thank you so much