Deltaq setup procedure

To prepare to change the algorithm on a Delta Q on most GEM cars you will need 2 pieces of insulated electrical wire about 6 feet long connected to a momentary pushbutton switch.
The reason for this is that you will be flat on your back where you can see the indicator lights on the DQ while changing the setting.
Let’s get started.
Shut the main switch off.
Disconnect the red wire coming from the charger at the B+ (battery plus) post.
Connect one of your pushbutton wires to the post and position the other end under the cart in a comfortable position.
Connect the other wire to the charger red wire…
Turn on the main switch.
THE HARDEST PART OF THE PROCEDURE IS GETTING THE CHARGER IN SETUP MODE.
Get under the cart in a comfortable position where you can plug and unplug the charger.
Reach up and plug in the charger. The indicator will flash the current code for 11 seconds in yellow then time out and flash red.
Unplug the charger for 15+ seconds to let it reset.
WE”RE READY TO GO
Plug the charger in and push the button for a bit less than one second (count 1-1000) ¾ of a second is too short, more than a second is too long. If it continues to flash the algorithm for more than 11 seconds YOU’RE IN!!!. If it red lights, you have to start over.
When you’re in, you have 2 minutes to tap the button for a bit less than 4 secounds, count 1-1000, 2-1000, 3-1000, 4-unh. Under 3 seconds is too short, over 4 seconds is too long. If you got It. it will flash the new algorithm. If you red light, start over.
Repeat until you reach your desired algorithm. THEN
Hold the button down for 10 seconds, or until you hear the charger click indicating your new setting is stored.
Unplug the charger and shut off the main switch. Remove your setup wiring and connect the red charger wire to the post.
YOU’RE DONE!!!

What say you?

3 Likes

Rodney,
I have found that once in programing mode I have to push the button ( touch the red wire) three times for one second each to switch algorithms. Holding the button for three solid seconds just errors out the charger. I have found this to be the case of three chargers.
Just extra info, mileage may very but that process works for me.

Both @Troyin909 and @grantwest had chargers that would change profiles ok, but not store them.
Staying on the original one.
Any ideas?
As I recall @grantwest was able to change the default with a programmer.

You have to hold the last tap for 10 seconds or more or until the charger clicks

In a message dated 8/4/2019 9:16:22 AM Eastern Standard Time, electricforum@discoursemail.com writes:

I sent a video to Dave I had the charger in profile #177 several times the hold count to lock the profile in was 15-20 seconds. I saw 1 pause 7 pause, 7pause. #177 but each time even after I held the wire and waited for a click, I would turn it off wait for it to cycle off and turn it back on. Again right back to the same old profile each time. I heard Grant had the same issue but I don’t know If he went with the CT usb programmer, or finally got his to lock in using tap method.