Delta Q 912-7200-02 Bottom 4 lights stay on

I purchased this charger from someone on the forum and the bottom 4 lights stay on. It doesn’t do the standard startup that shows the profile. It does it with a battery connected or disconnected. With a battery disconnected it puts out 8 Volts. When I got it the top panel was missing all the screws and the green LED wire was pulled out of its header. I’m trying to bench test it to see if it even works. Hopefully this wasn’t someones attempt to repair one. Any help would be great. Thanks

After digging into this more I found this. Not sure if it ruined the board or just got really hot but it looks like the fuse didn’t blow but the wire that went to it did. I connected it back together and the fuse is good but I still got the same results. I didn’t mention it before but the

relays do kick on and off like they are supposed too.

Looking at this closer it looks like the fuse got pushed into the circuit board and just blew everything apart when it hit.

Can you buy a replacement board or is this just another nice paperweight?

Yikes! That’s not good for the logic board! Who knows what chaos that passed to other components on the board.

Was this a charger that you just acquired and were testing?
Did you try to contact the person who you bought it from first?

That looks like my morning “toast”. Sorry to see that, but thank you for your investigation. I don’t think this is salvagable. :confounded:

Yeah…I didn’t think so either. The guy I bought it from is a little shady. I didn’t even think I was going to get it. After I sent the money there was no communication and not seeing it for 2 months or so I just marked it as forum shopping education.

Yes this is that charger.
I didn’t contact him. It has been a joke after I paid him.

That’s messed up and disappointing… sorry

I don’t want to sound like they are all bad. I have had great experiences with a lot of the guys on this forum. There is always that one that messes it up for everyone else.

Brad I think I have one more of that model if you need one. Is this for you lithium Gem?

We can never know what happened but it did not do this by itself.
If we knew maybe blacklist the seller.
Any chance you opened charger while connected to battery?

I should have a board. I would not attempt repair myself but of someone wants to try. Ill take a look.

I think it happened before I got it. When it showed up the top of the charger wasn’t attached and the screws are missing. The grommet thing the ac line goes into the charger was all smashed up. I think maybe the charger was in an accident or dropped really far and the fuse got pushed into the board while it was energized. I didn’t open it while it was connected to a battery. When I got it I tossed it on the bench and plugged it in and the bottom 4 lights came on. I didn’t know if that was normal so I just researched the heck out of it thinking it was reprogrammed to do that. Then I started looking into it a little closer and found what happened.

I was looking to add another charger to my 2018 Bolt GEM Car to charge it faster. I set it up to run 220 and use the 50Amp EV “Charge Plug” to charge it faster.

Thanks Erniea15. Appreciated.

1 Like

I don’t want to try. I have too many projects already. :slight_smile: