Dead QuiQ charger?

If it’s corroded, cut your losses.
It should make no difference if they rebuild them, as “rebuild” is a new “guts”. I only repair them. $100-$150.
The reason a rebuild is $250 is they put in complete new pcb. (or they cheat)
A used one is $250
Dave

Again, Dave, thanks for all your help. Those of you who take the time to at least guide or suggest remedies us rookies are facing are so very helpful. Here is my update.

Again, Im going to get long winded so delete or ignore if your tired of listening to me.

If nothing else, my rambling might help other rookies like me.

1. Problem started a couple weeks ago. Charger was not kicking in and the little light on my dash that shows my charging pattern was not coming on. Now I confirm that I had current going into the charger. I sent my QUIQ charger to the west coast for repair. $500.00 dollars later, I reinstalled the charger. Same thing, none of the LED lights on charger was working and the dash light was still not working. After a couple of hours of trouble shooting I found that the ground wire on the male plug of my cart had burnt out. Replaced the plug and the charger came right on and the dash light was working. Sure wish I had found this first, because I cant say for sure anything was wrong with the charger. Even though I contacted Monster Cart who repaired the charger says…Oh yes you had a bunch of corrosion and a few problems with the charger.

Fast forward… Now the charger shows charging. But after 24 hours it shows my gel batteries are only at 80 %. Plus ran it for maybe 20 minutes at low speed and it dropped to like 35%.

Charged for like 24 hours again, and still shows 35%.

Im thinking that maybe when they worked on the charger, it changed my charge profile.

Would you happen to know what the charging profile is for a 2002 Gem car would be, or where I could fine that information?

I’ve had this Car for about 6 months. The previous owner did provide a receipt that shows in 2009 he put a 2008 Electronic Upgrade Kit and 6 new Gel Batteries for like $2800.00 dollars.

Anyway, thanks for all your help. Im about ready to push this thing in the ocean.:confused:

Doug

Looks like you need 14 or 24.
The recovery program runs once to bring them back.
Dash display can’t be trusted for state of charge.
Batteries are probably getting tired.
Oldhouseboater has more actual experience. I have mostly EE answers.