David’s 25 amp Chargery Battery Charger

Any data with the new motor?

It took both chargers (Stock Delta Q & Chargery) 184-Mins “roughly 3 hrs “ to go from let’s say 3.7 to 4.165v

My stock display now reads 100%
I guess when you plug them in together at the same time the stock SOC meter must just think the DeltaQ is doing one hell of a job and tells the stock SOC Meter “Yep I did all that by my self” LOL

It dosent matter because the stock SOC Meter becomes somewhat useless after you get a BMS 24

The BMS 24 tells the truth no questions asked!

1 Like

yes Inwo maybe also need to break the interlock green cable
put a simple on/off switch ?
off and charge with second charger
on and you can drive and also charge with deltaQ

My idle mode on chargery is showing about 10 volts less then actual voltage. This worries me.

Also what setting should I use for Chevy Volt modules? LiIo?

Yes my idle Mode also shows less voltage then what’s actually in the pack. It’s nothing to be worried about but yes I understand it would be nice if that screen was 100% accurate in idle mode. As soon as the charger starts going to work it tells the truth

Yes, in idle mode the charger disconnects from battery. An anti-spark feature that was an after-thought.
It only reads thru a resistor to sense voltage to allowing charger to turn on.
I use lipo as it’s the first one that comes up. Minor dif between the two.
LiIo is more correct. Most Chargery products treat them the same.

Ok, i’ll leave it for a full charge cycle. I’ve manually shut off charger previously when I was close to my set voltage as I thought the voltage it was sensing was incorrect. Thanks.

Set it extra low to test.
Are cells staying in balance?

a guy who runs the place I’ve been doing DIYRoboCars at said he could get new Leaf batteries for cost so I might be doing a Lithium upgrade sooner than I was planning. My current lead batteries are less than a year old but who knows how long this deal might last.

I need to validate some things though. Like what does “at cost” mean really? Does anyone here have insight into what would be a real range for new Leaf batteries(cells?) at cost should be?

It depends if they are new or new model.
The new models are 82ah in a 4 pack module. 20s gives 45 mile max range.
Used are $338 for 4 pack. 5 needed.

2016 new cells are 64ah in 2 pack modules. 20s about 30 miles max in theory.
Used are $139 per 2 pack. 10 needed.

Prices vary. Shopping can do better.
Grant may have the most experience, having used Leaf and Chevy.
Kinghappy is testing new high tech LTO chemistry with many possible advantages.
And some disadvantages.

Thanks. I expect these to be new but since Nissan doesn’t do upgrades, they probably have both options available in new cells( 4 pack 82ah and 2 pack 64ah ). Even having used pricing is helpful so thanks for that.

The guy running the show is well connected so parts at cost are even a possibility.

FWIW, I was quoted that new Leaf modules would cost around $300 per KWh and he said I’d probably need 10 modules. All I told him was it was a 72V system, where some were running over 80V(should have said ~90V) and that existing batteries are ~150Ah.

About what new Chevy modules are.
It’s a tough sell, as good used Chevy can be $100 - $150 per kwh.

And if you let them go dead 1 time they are worth the same. $0.00 :wink:

A late model 18kwh Volt from recycler can be had for $1500-$2500

10 leaf module should be fine. That’s the norm.

1 Like