Dave’s Magic Magnet vs others

David, Can you tell me how to correct the speedo so it reads correctly. Thank you

Change the speedometer to kph and it will read 0-40.
2005 and up it is changed by a long key press.
Earlier models need to be reprogrammed.

Sir, Not sure what a “long keyless” is? Thanks for the explanation.

Patrick

Sorry, auto correct.
Press the trip odometer button for 10 sec or more.

David, Just wanted to let you know that after installing the MM, I did pick up an additional 5 to 6 MPH but now, believe it or not, my girlfriend wants to step it up and would like to achieve 35+ MPH, what would you say I are the next steps from a motor standpoint. I am planning to purchase larger wheels and tires. I was considering 14” wheels with maybe 185 50 R 14’s. Do you have any info on the right wheels, would 14 x 7 inch wheel work and do I need any kind of off set? I understand the wheels may help me pick up a few MPH. I really don’t clearly understand all the wheel jargon ie: 4 x 100 , hub size etc. Thank you looking forward 35+.

Your girlfriend is either nuts or has a death wish.

I did NOT waste my time reading the entire thread, Because their is NO other! When it comes to the Magic Magnet. The tread say MM vs others. I ask WHAT others ???

Dave is the Original MM creator all so calld others are Imitators “F” them

1 Like

multiple sellers on Ebay for tire and wheel packages $599 for a set of 4 . you want 14x7 wheels with 0 offset and 185/60/14 tries would be good . That should be a 22" tall tire

Hi Grant, Yess the MM works great, instantly picked up 5 MPH. The other I was referencing was a speed control module from Ride 4 Fun. The MM was very easy to install. Thanks for the input

Thank you very much for the wheel an tire info, do you know the thread pitch for a 2006 ? Appreciate the guidance, can’t thank you guys enough !

I have not seen a speed increase on my 2005 with the MM, I reset the trip odometer according to the manual, is there a unique way of doing that?

Best way to increase speed is to change your gearing. I have a bone-stock 7HP 2009 eS. I changed the final drive from 12.35:1 to 6:1. With 205/40R16 tires it now cruises easily at 40mph. The speedometer reads exactly half speed (as verified by GPS). If you’re in a hilly area, this gear might be too tall for you.

@Laslonimne
Where did you get the 6:1 gears? Those have been troublesome to acquire…

I purchased the gear set new from Marlon Zendejas before he disappeared off the face of the earth.

Hi Dave, I would like to purchase a Magic Magnet for my 2001 GEM car E825 2 seater. How do I buy one? Thanks Brent

Did you get my reply email?

Requires full gear set. Will fit all Schafer gear cases, 21 inch tires max and a lot of motor. Inwo has hi torque low speed motor for this application.

Rodney

I have a 2016 gem e6 and would like to purchase
Magic magnet.

Thanks
Rich