Chevy lithium batteries for Gem

What part of the country are you in? I’m in Mn. @grantwest in Ca. and @LithiumGods in Fl.
A few others have expertise in Gem/lithium.

X-2 for a Bolt. I love my set up. I don’t think you can find a better battery pack then the Bolt set up. Sorry if it sounds like I’m pounding my chest. But I have had 3 different lithium battery configurations and this one by far is the best.

Looks like a truck will hold 5 rows perfectly. So perfectly that I might change mine.
I measure my battery tray as 22.5" id. All wide open for over 30"

MVC-006F MVC-007F

5 x 10 packs = >120ah 80v 10kw >40 miles.
~$2500

MVC-008F MVC-009F

I am near Erie, PA, not far from Lake Erie.

These green cells are looking like a great option. The individual cells in the 5 packs look similar to Calb LiFePO4 (Lithium Ion Phosphate) cells at least in general form factor. I would be interested in their origin.

Grantwest, I would still be interested to hear more about the deluxe Bolt option; mainly cost and fitment. I would probably try to stick to the existing battery tray.

As you know the GEM trucks have an nice setup to retrofit with the large rectangular tray underneath. I will verify my ID measurements.

I think the $2,500 price point for 120ah capacity for the green cells makes sense. So we are talking about two banks of 25 cells in series then combined in parallel totaling 50 (3.2v nominal) cells and yielding 120ah at 80v.

How about balancing the charge between the cells/ banks or BMS options? Still using the stock Delta Q charger? I assume mine is set up for GEL or FLA currently. I will also check my serial number on the charger. At 80v there would be no need for a voltage spoof, right? I think I read on here that the controller is okay up to 85.5 volts.

Finally, a huge thank you to all you guys for the response so far!

My cells are new old stock. Removed from 160s batteries submerged in mineral oil.
Had a few 1000 to start. Down to the last 500 or so. They sell on Ebay as fast as I can test for more money. Getting burned out testing and shipping 10 or 20 at a time.
Each one is capacity tested and matched. Current run are testing 67ah from 3.5v to 3v. That leaves 5-10ah on the table. I can safely say this would be a 140ah battery.

A local dropped of his 72v badboy that has near same configuration. (2p24s)
I’m testing balance now. It has working all winter with no bms at all. I have no plans to add one if it checks out. For a $150 I could add a 24s bluetooth monitor, but don’t see the need.
@LithiumGods is using one on 26s. 2 cells remain un-monitored, but it’s easy to test two cells with a meter.
I would supply the battery in 4 x 10 packs and 1 x 5 pack. Needing only to drop in and connect the 5 batteries in series with my supplied straps.
Bottom balanced, needing only to be checked during first charge to make sure a rogue cell doesn’t over charge, and you stock charger shuts down appropriately.
Glad to take them back for any reason. Risking only cost of shipping. est. $400
Ideally, shipping Uship or freight by you would save money and assure safe delivery.
Ups is terrible.
Enough batteries are tested and need only a day to configure and take a picture.
Two more days and I could do the first charge here. But can’t ship charged batteries UPS.

2000lb%20basket%20full1 2000lb%20basket 2000lb%20on%20pallet
Original cost ~$40k each USA made International Battery Co.

Still considering Bolt 20s vs Green cells 2p25s. Messaged directly for some further detail.

Bms, shipping, and any other acc. are not included in any prices I might give. :slight_smile:
Plenty of free support :wink:

14" wide 34’ long ~5" high.
Room for two in a truck.

Can’t argue with that… and may I just say, you sir are a gentleman and a scholar, a man amongst men, the toast of the town, a walking talking compendium of knowledge… and so on. :wink:

Why would a scammer who sells used batteries tell someone not to listen a reputable ebay seller who sells only new batteries with a lot more experience than you could even imagine. You should be very careful giving people
bad advice and fake news. Your postings are going to be watched for this type of behavior and corrective action taken if necessary.

Prices change with your mood, what a scammer.

Hey Allen: is that You?
Calling David a “Scammer” that’s got to be one of the biggest Jokes.

David has helped and sold more Working Gem car lithium kits then anyone I know.

All we have heard from Allen’s UNHAPPY GEM CAR battery customers. Is bad info. People were sold Chevy Volt battery’s that did not work in their cars. I have personally replied to at least 2 people here on the Fourm that had kits that were sold by Allen that had problems.

I can’t think of one person on this Fourm who was sold anything by David who is/was a unhappy customer.

David is the most honest guy I have worked with here on this Fourm. You either have a lot of balls coming here calling David a scammer or your Ignorant. I’m gonna go with #2

Please add my name to the people here on this Fourm you should be “watching” anytime your name comes up I’ll be sure to let them know about other users bad experience with your battery sales. Thanks for checking in

“reputable ebay seller” - is that really a thing??? LOL

1 Like

Thanks for the laugh :slight_smile: