RE: New 22s 82v 90ah+ Gem battery Available now

I see you’ve got more of these. Would this setup work in my cart? I’m the one that had the bad Chevy volt batteries

Yes, ideal for any 72v Gem. These are the nicest and easiest to install we’ve found.
$2500 + $250 s&h FedEx.
I have 7 of them installed and 7 happy customers.

Just in.
79ee6f22299f411287e97c1db07f3780e5e2c42e_2_375x500.jpeg
f2f0fa1924a49e2ad8fa3a40287ed66904bbc14b_2_375x500.jpeg

Well, I think this is the way to go then. If you still have one I’ll take it. Will need to ship to San Diego.
Pablo

···

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 14, 2021, at 18:23, Inwo via Electric Forum electricforum@discoursemail.com wrote:

Inwo
August 15

Just in.


Visit Message or reply to this email to respond to Inwo, Pornelas.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

You have the 22s one piece battery?
Just connect the two battery cables.
Post a picture to be sure.

I don’t know what you have for a charger.

···

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 3, 2021, at 18:35, Inwo via Electric Forum electricforum@discoursemail.com wrote:

Inwo
September 4

On another topic

Hey, got the battery and will finally have some time tomorrow to install. Any pointers are appreciated. Assuming just go by original info and install the wires and run bms to dash. The gent I bought it from had switched the plug to the nose that uses a level 1 EV charger, just want to make sure that will be compatible with the new setup.

You have the 22s one piece battery?
Just connect the two battery cables.
Post a picture to be sure.


Visit Message or reply to this email to respond to Inwo, Pornelas.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

I’m going to assume the shorty is negative and long one is positive. I was just planning on keeping the other cable bundled up unless you think I should clean that up. You can text me at +16193958000 instead of email if that’s not a hassle

···

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 3, 2021, at 18:35, Inwo via Electric Forum electricforum@discoursemail.com wrote:

Inwo
September 4

On another topic

Hey, got the battery and will finally have some time tomorrow to install. Any pointers are appreciated. Assuming just go by original info and install the wires and run bms to dash. The gent I bought it from had switched the plug to the nose that uses a level 1 EV charger, just want to make sure that will be compatible with the new setup.

You have the 22s one piece battery?
Just connect the two battery cables.
Post a picture to be sure.


Visit Message or reply to this email to respond to Inwo, Pornelas.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Should be marked, else did shorty go to B-? Very important! Yellows. B+ goes to contactor and psdm. B- goes to controller B-.
You can use the fuse block to extend the short wire. Blue circle.
Connect B- cable to it and the battery B- wire to other side of fuse.
B+ connects direct to battery post.

image

imagesam 22s on shelf


Ok. I slid b6+ out of way and will connect to positive. I exposed the cluster to get a better look see. I have R1- coming from front, connected to a short cable (R4-) which connects to fuse block and then has another short cable coming off of it. There are 2 black wires connected to the r4/r1 connector (along with the old bms wire which I will remove). What I’m seeing in the picture you sent is your want me to bypass the Gem fuse block and connect directly to r1-? Also, there is no fuse block on the new battery as seen in picture. Can I just bolt together or do I need exactly what is pictured in the photo of battery you sent?

···

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 4, 2021, at 12:02, Inwo via Electric Forum electricforum@discoursemail.com wrote:

Inwo
September 4

Visit Message or reply to this email to respond to Inwo, Pornelas.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Your wire designations don’t make sense to me.
Don’t bypass fuse. Battery B- connects to one side. Anderson pigtail from new battery connects to other side.
B+ wire connects direct to B+ of battery.

image

Ok. That’s what I was thinking. Sorry about labels, I was just using what was stickered on from original setup as reference. Thought they were possibly legible in pictures. Just to confirm, I can just bolt the neg wires on new battery to negative fused gem cable with a bolt and nut, or should I search for what is pictured at auto or hardware store? Also, there is a short wire labeled “7.5 volt” that came in battery box. Do I need that for something? Also, as far as charging goes, can I just leave always plugged in with this system or monitor the bms app and unplug when full? This is what I use to charge it

···

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 4, 2021, at 12:30, Inwo via Electric Forum electricforum@discoursemail.com wrote:

Inwo
September 4

Visit Message or reply to this email to respond to Inwo, Pornelas.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Connect with whatever hardware works. The battery B- pigtail should reach the fuse block. (if one was supplied)
Need a picture of battery. There are variations.

Is this yours? Gray plug or ring terminal?
image

Any charger will work. Double check connections by seeing the charger current in bms app.
Bms will stop charge cycle when a cell reaches set point. 4.1v etc.

···

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 4, 2021, at 12:48, Inwo via Electric Forum electricforum@discoursemail.com wrote:

Inwo
September 4

Connect with whatever hardware works. The battery B- pigtail should reach the fuse block. (if one was supplied)
Need a picture of battery. There are variations.


Visit Message or reply to this email to respond to Inwo, Pornelas.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Gotcha, that’s the new way. Just bolt to wire, or your exisiting shunt, if still using it.

Well, I got it in and connected. Tried turning car on but no juice. I assume that’s normal. I then connected charging cable and no juice to the delta q. Not a single led is lit up. Any troubleshooting tips are appreciated. Went and checked the connections, everything looks good and snug

···

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 4, 2021, at 13:31, Inwo via Electric Forum electricforum@discoursemail.com wrote:

Inwo
September 4

Gotcha, that’s the new way. Just bolt to wire, or your exisiting shunt, if still using it.


Visit Message or reply to this email to respond to Inwo, Pornelas.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Did you get bms turned on?
Plug in the balance leads and touch a 9v battery to snap for a second.
Do you have a bms app loaded in a device or phone?
Scan the bms qr code.

Bingo! We have juice. I downloaded the app via QR code, it’s asking for a password to pair

···

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 4, 2021, at 15:32, Inwo via Electric Forum electricforum@discoursemail.com wrote:

Inwo
September 4

Did you get bms turned on?
Plug in the balance leads and touch a 9v battery to snap for a second.
Do you have a bms app loaded in a device or phone?
Scan the bms qr code.


Visit Message or reply to this email to respond to Inwo, Pornelas.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.