charger light on

I bought a used gem2 and I have a problem.
The indication that the car is charging is constantly expected even if I remove the charger.
I removed the charger and connected the black and white cable to -72volt and the red cable to +72 to the solenoid coil. The charger is working normally. Charger is Delta Q.
I do not know if I need to connect the charger green cable somewhere. This was not connected when I bought the car. Is there a way to bypass the command that immobilizes the car when charging?
Thank you very much

Yes, there is. Do not connect the green wire randomly!

Thank you for your respond. I am not connect the green wire anywear but the charge light still on and the car not moving.! The charge is out of power how can i bypass the safety interlock.

What you are describing is the Interlock function of the car. It is there to prevent you from driving away with the charger cord plugged in. Apparently the Previous Owner of the car has miswired this function.

Also- be very careful of random/creative wiring suggestions to bypass some of the car safety features. You may have success and get your car to run, but you might also cause more damage to other components.

No- Do not connect that green wire to anything at this point!!!
We need to know more about your car to point you in the correct direction.

• What year is your car?
  • the model number of the DQ charger?
  • Has there been any other wiring changes on this car?
    If you do not know, then post some pics if you can.

Do you have a voltmeter and know how to use it? We may need you to test a few connections.

1 Like

Not sure what your Gem year is, but (1) of the green wires (on the cart or on the charger) is for the interlock. Since it is on constantly (ie showing on the dash the charging indicator ) it is a “NO” or Normally open set up. The Gem cart should have a green wire coming out of the steering wheel wiring harness. This needs to be plugged into a wire exiting your charger. Not sure what wire on your charger since you haven’t posted the DQ charger model or the year of your cart. I posted a thread about my 2014 last week on the forum. Hope this helps

I finally connected the charger correctly. Now when I turn on the ignition the error code 65 is displayed. Do you think it is the solenoid or the car controller?
Again, thank you all for your interest in helping me

Error Code 65
contactor coil current high inspect contactor and controller

The contactor is pretty simple and I would not guess it to be the problem. I’ll leave it up to the senior members of this forum to assist you with the controller

What does this mean.
Listen to @AssyRequired so as not to cause damage. He said not to connect things randomly.

Inwo suggested that you may have damaged a component by your connection. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I would hope that when you disconnect the connection you made, you return to the original constant charging indicator issue. Do you?

He either fixed his own problem and is now out terrorizing his neigborhood in his cart
or he accidently created an EMP that knocked out internet in a 3 mi radius around his garage.

If he did what he described in post 1 of this thread There are a number of different scenarios that would be bad.

@js9354 - You are partially correct with being a NO connection(charger missing or unhooked = the car thinks it is charging and will not move)
but depending on the year of this car the nature of what this wire needs on the interlock wire changes in order to deactivate the charger interlock.

We do not know the generation of this car or if it has any updates yet.

1 Like