2007 GEM E2 Charging Indicator Always On

I have a 2007 GEM E2 and the vehicle always thinks that it is being charged. The charging indicator light on the dash is always lit, rendering it inoperable. When I release the parking brake the beeper does not stop going off. I ordered a new charger and hooked it up, but it made no difference. I have taken the dash apart and have found the green wire for the interlock, but whether I have the old charger, new charger, or nothing at all plugged into the green wire, the dash light is on and the vehicle is inoperable. I am thinking that it may need a new controller, but rather than continuing to put more money into it I wanted to get some other opinions first. If anyone has a wiring diagram that would be helpful as well, because if there is a way to bypass the interlock I wouldn’t mind that. If I forget to unplug it, it’s my own fault. Thank you for your input!

Did you check for battery voltage on the green wire?
Did the old charger work? The new one?

Both chargers successfully charge the batteries, and both put 72 volts out to the green wire. As far as I can tell (based off of the lights on the charger and the voltages) both chargers are operating properly.

The chargers should be putting 72 volts out to the green wire while charging, correct?

It might be a long shot but mine was doing the exact same thing and someone on here mentioned replacing the key switch so i went ahead and swapped one out from another gem I had and that did the trick. if you search this forum you will see some people who have used a NAPA key replacement if you don’t want to wait or spend money on an original gem key switch and I think it was like $18.

No, only when not charging.

I’ll have to double check that in the morning again then, I could be getting it wrong. My buddy was checking the voltages

If I do have it wrong, does anyone have any other suggestions before I order a new controller? Or could the controller even be the problem?

Like Inwo said there needs to be 72v on the green wire Not charging.Then plug in the charger, green wire goes to 0.

None of these things, controller or charger, should affect the charge icon. If the green has 72v and key is on, power to psdm, then icon should turn off and 72v on P1 and P2 of controller.

I double checked, and I was wrong. I have 72v to the green wire when not charging, with both the old and new charger. I also pulled the plug off of the PSDM and I have 72v at the pin.

Psdm or Ge controller under the hood.
I don’t have a car to look at, but would be surprised to find power at the controller while charge indicator is illuminated.

PSDM under the dash. I followed the green wire from where it plugs into the charger to the plug on the PSDM and it has 72v when it is not charging, but the charging indicator light stays on and it is inoperable

1 amp fuse F9 supplies 12v to the key. (J J2)
From key to psdm (A J3)
12v & 72v from charger green turns ch icon (M J3) off through ch interlock circuitry in psdm. Also turns on relay-switch key to power main contactor and controller P1 + P2. (A J5)