Cart won't move

2010 e4 had an 06 and 09 fault codes. We fixed this by cleaning accelerator connections but now the cart won’t move and no codes???
All batteries are new as of May - Trojan deep cell
All electronics work - lights, directionals, fwd low, high and reverse
Controller was replaced(bought used ebay) and worked fine for a few days prior to fault codes
Any thoughts or suggestions?

Are you getting the a big Clunk of the main contactor kicking in?

The 06 code is pedal. Are you sure you actually fixed it? (like actually put a meter on it?)

The 09 is a direction switch issue.
When you select a speed setting does it reflect this selection on your dash pod display?
When in reverse, does it beep?

Do you have a voltmeter?

Is your brake light illuminated on your dash pod display?

Check your controller main plug, hit it with some contact cleaner and a blast of air from a blowgun. Skritch it on and off a couple of times wet with cleaner, then blow it off again. Follow it up with a dab of dielectric grease.

Are you getting the a big Clunk of the main contactor kicking in? - NO

The 06 code is pedal. Are you sure you actually fixed it? (like actually put a meter on it?) -
Thanks and no I’m not sure if it’s fixed but before R-DL-DH lights blinked together when in R & DH but now they don’t and cart will try to move.

The 09 is a direction switch issue.
When you select a speed setting does it reflect this selection on your dash pod display? - YES
When in reverse, does it beep? - YES

Do you have a voltmeter? - YES

Is your brake light illuminated on your dash pod display? - NO

Check your controller main plug, hit it with some contact cleaner and a blast of air from a blowgun. Skritch it on and off a couple of times wet with cleaner, then blow it off again. Follow it up with a dab of dielectric grease. - WILL DO

THANKS AND LET ME KNOW WHAT ELSE I SHOULD BE CHECKING

Thanks for answering my initial questions. It really helps to narrow down where to go next.

More background:
What made you replace the controller?

R-DL-DH lights blinked together when in R & DH but now they don’t and cart will try to move.

That was related to the 09 code and points to the direction switch. That is a complex little switch with a lot going on in there (not a normal off the shelf DP3T/DPTT?). How did you clean it out? Keep an eye on it.
Edit: I see you had this issue back earlier in the year? How often has this come up? We might want to come up with a different cleaning method.

and cart will try to move.

Will it still do this? Without the contactor “clunk”? Or was this a typo?

Have you ever taken the top of the dash off? We may need to dive under there next.
Check the controller plug first and report back.

1 Like

Thanks and I think it’s time to send to GEM service tech

Huh… ok. Thanks for playing.
Don’t forget to come back and update this to reflect what the problem was.