Best battery for gem

What is the best battery for a good price? I am rebuilding a 2002 4 seater has the stock motor do not plan to change it. I will finish my clean up drive for a few months then sell. It had flooded batteries in it that were dead. If you were buying 6 flooded batteries today what would you go with where would you buy them?

Since your going to sell Orille auto 31DCM DEEP DISCHARGE BATTERY $640 a set. These are the batteries I have in my cart. I have purchasets in the last 4 years and NEVER had a problem. They are a 105 hour battery and will last 3+ years if you keep them watered and charged. I get 20+ miles per charge with stock 5hp motor and programming. 16+ with RFF 7hp motor and 37 MPH programming. Mcart is a 2009 4 seater with doors. Make SURE you top off with distilled water when you install, Figure 2 gallons.

As with any new flooded battery they reach maximum range after 20 to 30 charge cycles

1 Like

Thank you for responding got it. My ZIVAN charger is programmed for Trojan flooded batteries do I need to have it reprogrammed for these? I called the ZIVAN people in Sacramento they said it does cost 75.00 said if I don’t I risk over charging a smaller battery.

I just spoke to O’Reilly auto parts they said the batteries are 96.99 each which is great. The then said they are special order and I need to pay the freight to deliver to the store another 120.00 did you have to pay the freight?

1 Like

Did not pay freight. I ordered the day before I needed them and they are the next day. (6 times) I am in central Florida. Where are you located? Try another store in your area. My store stocks (1) but they are available overnight.

Rodney

I am in Northern Ca, I will call a few of there stores on Friday. Thank you

I will never buy another flooded cell in my life. The Lithium Manganese are now low priced and completely change your enjoyment of having an EV.

Allan Bullock sells the Bosch Lithium Manganese and can give personal advice. I trust him.
contact him at cruisin@live.com Do not buy the older PO4 batteries. The Lithium Manganese are far superior.

Hey Old Houseboater

I picked up the batteries without paying freight thanks for the tip. I installed them and it runs great. I spoke to the people that service the ZIVAN charger they said I must have my charger reprogrammed to match the new batteries. Currently it is programmed for Trojan 130 batteries. Do I really need to do this?

If your takeout batteries were flooded type you don’t have to change. You may have to add water a bit more often.
The Trojan batteries are 130 AH yours are 105. Your good to go.

Rodney

In a message dated 11/30/2017 12:16:22 AM US Eastern Standard Time, electricforum@discoursemail.com writes:

JbhfinancialJunior Member
November 30Hey Old Houseboater
I picked up the batteries without paying freight thanks for the tip. I installed them and it runs great. I spoke to the people that service the ZIVAN charger they said I must have my charger reprogrammed to match the new batteries. Currently it is programmed for Trojan 130 batteries. Do I really need to do this?
Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.
In Reply ToOld_HouseboaterModerator
November 23Did not pay freight. I ordered the day before I needed them and they are the next day. (6 times) I am in central Florida. Where are you located? Try another store in your area. My store stocks (1) but they are available overnight. Rodney
Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.
To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Perfect thank you…

I have 2009 eL XD with 9 x 8VDC gel batteries, would like to replace with compatible gel batteries. Where can I buy good 8VDC gels at best price?

Live in south central Missouri. Have hard doors and heater so current weather not a problem.

Thanks, Big_Dee

I bought battery online at $60 for my car. Its capacity is 12 volt, 45Ah and working well with my car.

The default Trojan 30XHS flooded lead acid are substantially heavier duty:

5-Hr Rate 105 ampere-hour
10-Hr Rate 120
20-Hr Rate 130
100-Hr Rate 144

Hmmm

Standard GEM batteries are 105 AH options are 130 and 150 AH

Your will work but range will be limited

Rodney

1 Like