Battery switch (disconnect)

What are the additional white leads for?

Auxiliary contacts. “no and nc” For an indicator or failsafe device showing that switch is on or off.
Led for example, or lighted switch.

Newark:

Don’t let the size fool you. These are unused removed from a $100k battery.

https://www.newark.com/kilovac-te-connectivity/ev200f4ana/contactor-spst-12v-panel/dp/01Y0425?

1 Like

Oh, that part is cool - I am more interested now :slight_smile:

Bump bump bump +20 more

Dave what are ya talking about

The remote disconnect switches. They are still available, but I can’t find a use for them.

And an H-Bridge part can do that reversing.

Dave: what can you recommend for a Power source to trigger the Switch. We talked about using a simple 18650 lithium battery that would provide the power to flip the switch. Any updates on a recommended battery & holder. I would not mind installing Mine and doing a How to/what for on it. As far as installing it my thoughts.

I would install it right where the factory battery connecting for the car is in the back. It would go right in between the battery and the cars factory connection. Then I would run the Trigger wires & the Power wires up to the front of the car. Install a switch on the dash. Install a battery holder for the pulse power for the switch some where close & convenient

I originally thought these were not rated very high, but looking again I see 500a!!
Ok… That makes me feel better.
Time to go back and read that spec sheet again.

New gems have the aux 12v battery.

Dave, my 2016 hot rod Gem does not have the 12 V battery. But I could reinstall one no problem

Hmmm, yes, the 12v goes away with battery disconnect.
Let me think on it. Byron?

maybe a momentary DPDT switch connected directly to the 12V battery since the relay you linked to only needs a “pulse” to set the relay position.

First crazy idea is to fall back to steampunk guys. Set up a crank spinny wheel or a pull handle you can pump a few times which connects to a small flywheel generator that will provide momentary power to trigger/set this relay. Dr Who had a bunch of these to start his TARDIS.

Of course you would also be required to wear a top hat with goggles, wax your handlebar mustache, and replace all your push buttons in the car with old typewriter keys.

Heck, they used to start airplane engines with shotgun shells. Who the hell thought that was a good idea!??!

I worked for a crop duster & had to pull the propeller to start the big ol radial engines, catch it wrong or not follow through & a back fire would try to dislocate your shoulder. the N3Ns didn’t have starters, the newer gruman agcats had starters, but the boss was too cheap to buy/maintain batteries.