Altinator charging

hi dot know if this belongs hear but …

i was thinking would it work to run a hi volt low amp altinator off the rear wheel and feed the power back into that batterys, so as your driving your charging your batterys, seams like it would work
any ideas
Joel

[QUOTE=cummins king;2327]hi dot know if this belongs hear but …

i was thinking would it work to run a hi volt low amp altinator off the rear wheel and feed the power back into that batterys, so as your driving your charging your batterys, seams like it would work
any ideas
Joel[/QUOTE]

you would effectively have increased drag because of the alternator there are ways to overcome this but its a very advanced process. there are other threads started about this as well, i suggest you check them out and see if you can comment on any of them.

[QUOTE=cummins king;2327]hi dot know if this belongs hear but …

any ideas
Joel[/QUOTE]

What you are talking about is perpetual motion, and no, it will not work. It will decrease range because of the inefficiencies involved.
Stephen

All he would have to do is put a switch on the alternator and just make it a regen braking setup.

Yes exactly, few month back i was facing the same problem with battery

Alternators can be used as motors but you need a 3 phase ac controller.

Hello.
I own two electric vehicles and its charging costs me very high for my pockets, so please tell me the perfect solution of charging the electric vehicle so that the power can be saved which further helps in reducing my electric bills.

power saving solutions

Well, I know the simple principle of an alternator. All you need is a permanent magnet and a copper coil. as the magnet turns it puts current in the wire. Diodes coverts the AC power it creates into DC

So I think your best bet is to use the wheels as your alternator. All 4 of em’.
How would you do this? Either magnetize the wheels themselves or craft permanent magnets to fit them. Put your coper coil in the wheel hub that rests above the wheels. Run the coper wire through diodes and then to a capacitor. You might need a regulator too… And you have a basic alternator.

THIS WOULD NOT CREATE DRAG. There are no belts between the electric motor and this system. Essentially, All your doing is taking the energy used to make the car move and multiplying it.

WHY WOULD YOU USE A CAPACITOR? Well, a capacitor will have the same voltage as charged (if charged with 1 volt, it would generate 1 volt). And it can discharge all in one second. And capacitors have room for improvements in technology. You might still need batteries, I don’t know.

THIS WOULD NOT BE SELF SUSTAINING. It would eventually run out of power, but would last longer.

WHAT HAPPENS IF THE CAR REVERSES? Well, I don’t know. Maybe a second coil and a capacitor with diodes that are set different.

I got my info about alternators, electric motors, capacitors, and diodes from a website: HowStuffWorks - Learn How Everything Works!